Sixteen

Charity sat against the cold concrete wall and sighed. She had dug herself into a deep hole. She knew she should have stayed back at her compound. But she had hoped that she would have the guts to ask Rage for help. She needed someone to listen to her. She needed help. She was just so scared of the consequences if she told anyone. Thankfully she had told Roe, her best friend. She needed someone to lean on. Even her alpha didn't listen to her. Blaine had brushed her off. Told her that she need not worry. Everything would turn out. She wanted to get this over with. She desperately wanted to tell the truth. But she feared for her life. She feared for her last remaining family member as well. She was in this too deep. Rage had marked her as a suspect, but he didn't know the half of it.
"Charity?" She heard Roe call. "Maybe you need to tell them the truth."
"You know I can't. If I tell anyone, she dies. Don't you get that? Chastity said angrily. "I want to tell. But what if they find out? What if they suspect anything? I can't risk her life."
"Rage is understanding, he didn't cast out Max and Aimes. He kept them in the compound. He will listen." Roe said softly. "You need to try. Maybe they can help. I mean they took his mate."
"She's supposed to be let free if I got them the mate. They promised."
"They are bloodsuckers. Do you honestly think that they meant that?"
"I have to have hope. She's my sister."
Roe didn't respond. Charity leaned her head back against the wall. She was tired, her body ached, she felt like her bones ached. She knew it was from sitting on the hard floor. She stood and began to pace. What if she told and the vampires killed her sister? What if Rage didn't believe her? What if the vampires kill her sister anyways? Would she tell? Should she tell? Was she strong enough to tell the truth? She hoped she was soon. She didn't know how much longer she could hold it in. She didn't know how many more threats and unkept promises she could take. She needed to think everything through. She needed to try and read the situation. Blaine had not believed her when she told him. He laughed and told her that her sister would turn up. But she hasn't turned up. She hasnt come home. She hasn't reached out to her in any way. Her sister was a captive to vampires and no one but Roe would believe her.

Rage paced his office. Where was Joy? Raven had said she reached out to him, but that she wasn't alone. They had another female there. How would he know where to find them. He continued to pace, even as Blaine watched him with anxious eyes.
"Don't trust a word Charity says. Shes a known liar." Blaine said making Rage stop pacing.
He frowned. "What do you mean?"
"She came to me about two weeks ago saying her older sister had gone missing. Her sister... She had a habit of running away from her problems. I told her that her sister would turn up." Blaine explained to him.
"Did she?" Rage demanded.
"Not that I am aware if. This isn't so unusual for her though." Blaine said matter of fact.
Rage didn't want to say another word fo Blaine. He went to the door for the holding area and made his way down to the cells. Both women were pacing their cells. They stopped pacing and stared at him.
"Which one of you is Charity?" He asked calmly.
The blonde girl stepped forward, "I am."
"Your sister is missing?" He asked carefully.
Her eyes grew wide. "How did you... How did you know?"
"Blaine told me you told him. He didn't believe you." He said to her.
She nodded. "He said she would turn up, but she didn't. She hasn't reached out yet."
Rage nodded, "My mate went missing, as you are aware. But I have a source that tells me she isn't alone. That another woman is with her." He began. "What I think happened is that your sister was taken and you received a ransom demand. Vampires took her and were demanding information. You were their source. Am I right?"
She bowed her head, "I didn't want to tell any information. They said if I told anyone or refused their demands, they would kill my sister. I had no choice. Blaine didn't believe me."
"I believe you." Rage told her as footsteps approached behind him.
"You were the leak? You gave information to the vampires?" Blaine growled. "Traitor! You won't be welcome in my pack. You are banished."
She began to sob. Blaine was a rude bastard. He didn't care about the point that her sister was kidnapped. Her life was threatened.
"Charity, don't worry. If you give me all the information you have and it turns out true, I will grant you stay. You will be taken into my pack."
She smiled weakly at him. "Thank you, Rage."
Blaine was furious. "No, you can't grant her stay. She sold out your compound. She got your mate taken. How can you grant her stay?"
"Because I am not cruel. Because she is genuine. She didn't ask for her sister to be taken. She didn't want the vampires demanding she give them information." Rage told him calmly. "If you dont like what my decision, then you can get out of my compound."
Blaine looked like he was ready to fight. Rage was braced for the impact. But Blaine didn't attack. He just turned and stormed out and roared the whole way. He heard the cabin door slam and he sighed. He hadn't wanted this to happen.
"I need you to tell me where you get your demands. I need to know any and all information you have. Any little thing is all important. It could possibly lead to your sister and my mate." He fold her. "Where did they leave your demands?"
She looked at the other woman. "The meeting place. You know where your warriors met us on our trip here. They hide the demands in a hollow log." She told him. "They usually leave the demands every couple days.”
He nodded. "Who took Joy from the compound?"
"He was a warrior in training. His name is Xavier. He went rogue last year." She told him. "He brings the demands."
"Do you know where they could have taken your sister?"
"No. Xavier hasn't told me that information. He knows though. He took her there."
"What does he look like?"
"As tall as you. Short black hair and green eyes. His wolf form is mostly black with a white diamond between the eyes and white paws."
He nodded. Then asked her to tell him everything she could from beginning to end.

**************

Different chapter. This was hard for me to write because I struggled all the way through. Hopefully it makes sense and in editing I can make it better.

Comment what you like about this story.