One

After a twenty four hour shift, she was more than ready to go home. She had worked a double and wanted to leave while she had the chance. They were packed all day, and she just couldnt turn down the overtime. Plus it looked good for thst promotion and transfer she put in for months ago. She grabbed a quick shower in the locker room, grabbed her things, and headed out. Normally she would have asked a security guard to walk her to her car, but she just didnt want to wait for one to be free. She headed out into the chilly January night and made her way across the parking lot. The snow was falling at a steady pace. Making her walk faster. She noticed a tall figure wearing a hooded jacket walking toward her. She kept her pace, but kept an eye on him. His jacket seemed to be a thin spring jacket. Odd for a wintery night, but to each their own. As she passed him, she noticed he was awfully pale. His eyes were dark, too dark to tell the color under his hood. She was almost to her car when she was grabbed from behind. Something was pressed against her mouth and the world wend dark.

A pounding in her head greeted her when she woke up. She tried to reach up to run it but found her wrists bound to a chair. She pulled against the bindings to no relief. She forced her eyes open to look around. She was in what looked loke a concrete room. It was dimly lit with only one single hanging light in the center of tbe room. There was a large metal door on one emd of the room. A table height shelf lined the walls. They were covered in tools. The room smelled of dirt mixed with blood. She couldn't see or hear anyone else in the room.
"Help me." She called. "Help me."
The door slammed opened and a tall muscular man with long greasy black hair and deep brown almost black eyes came in. He smiled revealing perfectly white teeth. But whst stood out were two long teeth that were sharp. They looked like fangs. What was going on?
"You're awake." He said in a gravely voice.
"Who... Who are you? Why am I here? What do you want from me?" She demanded while looking him in the eyes.
He chuckled, "All in good time." He came forward. "You see, you will help me. Help me find the alpha to your pack."
"Pack? I dont have a pack. What are you talking about?" She asked him.
He slapped her. "Dont deny what you are. I can smell the change on you." He smiled. "You feel it too. The tiredness, the hunger, your skin feels tight."
How could he know how she felt. She just stared at him. What change was he talking about? Why did he think that she had a pack? A pack of what? The man kept moving around her. His back to her now. He was doing something at the shelf. She pulled against the wrist restraints trying to loosen them. They were too tight. He turned around holding a hammer in his hands.
He came forward. "What you say next... What you say next will make your life easire or harder." He twirled the hammer in his hands. "Where is the pack located?"
She shook her head. "What pack?"
The hammer hit her left hand. She screamed out. "Where are they?"
"I dont know." She cried. "I have no idea what you are talking about."
The hammer struck again and again on the same hand. She screamed out. He stopped and chuckled. He put the hammer down and leaned in close to her neck. He sniffed, a long drawn out inhale. She shivered and tried to pull away from him. He grabbed her hair and pulled her head back. He licked up her neck.
"Sweet. You taste so sweet. How your blood must taste." He said before biting into her neck.
She screamed.

********************

He bolted up out of bed. His heart was racing and his body ached. He knew the feeling. He wanted to fight. He wanted to fight the figure in his dream. It had been a while since he had dteamed. But none of his dreams had ever been like that. He paced around his room before giving up on relaxing and headed out into the cabin, he called home. He felt too jazzed up. His blood was pumping fast. His heart was racing. He felt a pull. As if his wolf was pulling him to something. As if the dream effected it as well. Had the dream been a premonition? He hadnt had one in so long. Had any of his pack had one as well. He doubted it. He was alpha. Thst meant the power, the protection, the responsibility of everything landed on his shoulders. The premonitions were a part of that, or so he assumed. He sat down and wrote down what he could remember of the dream. What the area looked like. What the vampire looked like. What he saw. What he felt. It was as if he was living it himself. The vampires had kidnapped someone. Someone who was about to join the pack. Someone, the vampire assumed, who knew where to find the pack. From the voice he heard, he assumed it was a female. The vampire fed on her. The dream ended there. He would have to move fast to find where she was being kept. He would have to bump up the patrols around town. Half breeds who had yet to change were at risk. He needed to call his warriors. He needed to get started. He sent a mass text.
Meeting. My place. Now.
He only prayed they wpuld wake up from the ringing. He didnt need to wait long. Before he knew what was happening, the six of them filled his large open living space. All of them looking confused and some worried.
"If I am right. I had a premonition." He began. "This premonition involved a half breed about to change. She was kidnapped."
"She? A female half breed. You sure?" Asked his first in command Passion, whose grey eyes flared with rage.
He nodded. "She has yet to go through the change. The vampire who took her seems to think she knows where we are. Seems to think she is the key to finding me."
Passion frowned. "Okay, if this is true, who is she?"
"I didnt catch a name. It was as if I was the half breed. I felt the pain, the fear, the change coming in her."
"Did you recgonize the vampire?" Asked another of his warriors, Arrogance, as he pulled his hands through his short blonde hair.
"Yes. Dimitri." He said softly. "It appears, he wants revenge for loosing his mate, last year." He began to pace. "We need to find where he has this female. She is close to the change. I have a feeling hes going to try and force the change."
"Dimitri wont know what hit him if he does. She will be strong, she will want blood." Passion said looking at the others. "We all remember how it was."
"True, but if hes beating her. If hes torturing her. She could be too weak or scared to attack. She will be confused." He told them. "We need to revisit all of his old haunts."
"I say we kidnap one of their coven and torture them as well. Bargining chip." Arrogance said. "What's good for them is good for us."
"Lets revisit his old places first before we kidnap a vampire. I want this ad clean as possible. I don't want a war just yet.
The others nodded as he explained what he wanted. They had to move fast. If her change hit her while with Dimitri, he could give her his blood and make her into a halfling. It hadnt happened in a long time, and he didnt want this female to go through twice the pain and twice tbe changes. He just hoped they were in time. Who was the female? Who were her parents? Why did Dimitri think that she could find them?