Nine

"Rage, where are you?" The agonized voice of Joy sounded in his head.
He almost fell from his hiding spot in the tree. What the hell just happened? He didn't have time to wonder because the smell of vampire approached him. He pushed the voice out of his head. He found the source of the scent and sent up the signal. Dimitri was approaching the bunker. He slowly climbed down from the tree. He followed Dimitri at a distance. But as they approached the bunker, a tall thin man with a bald head and glowing green eyes approached Dimitri. Dimitri led him toward the bunker. But they didn't reach it. Soon wolves were surrounding them. Rage stayed human in case of an emergency.
"I wish Rage was here." Her voice sounded in his head again.
He shook his head to try and ignore the fact that his body ached to reach out to her. To be there with her. He wanted to make that weakness in her voice go away but first he had to kill Dimitri.
A deep growl brought him back to the present. Both vampires were surrounded. But it didn't look like they liked that. They were in a fighting stance. Both crouched and ready to fight. Rage slowly made his way forward closer to the circle.
"What's this I hear about you kidnapping wolves?" Rage asked calmly as he approached.
Dimitris head popped up, "What's it to you?"
"Because they wont give you the information you desire." Rage stated as he came to a stop.
"What is it I desire?" Dimitri asked with a grin.
"Where the pack is. Who the alpha is."
"You do know what I want to know. But what you don't know is, I have someone in your ranks who is feeding me information."
"My ranks? You are aware that there is more than one pack, correct?"
"I am more than aware. But there is only one pack and one alpha I am interested in right now."
"I see. What if said alpha was here right now?"
"He isn't. No alpha in his right mind would leave his pack unprotected. No alpha would fight a warriors fight. Enough of this talking. Unless you are willing to give me the information I want..."
Dimitri and his friend just disappeared. Rage was stunned. This was unheard of. No wolves have witnessed vampires disappearing. It was a thing of myths. He hadn't thought it could happen. Only strong vampires used to be able to disappear. But they just witnessed it. He held his hand in the air to tell his warriors to hold. He listened to see if the vampires had appeared anywhere close to them. He heard leaves rustle behind him. He sniffed the air as he was slammed to the ground. He heard the growls of his warriors as they attacked. He felt himself wanting to shift. He tried to control it. He needed to remain human. If he shifted, the vampires would see his alpha mark. He took several deep breaths before standing. He watched as his warriors attacked the vampires. Dimitri was pinned to the ground by Passion while Ravens pure black wolf with bright hazel eyes ripped at him. He heard leaves rustling behind him and he spun around. It was Dimitris friend.
"Why aren't you changing? Have something to hide?" The vampire taunted him.
"No. I just choose to remain human." Rage growled.
"I smell the lie on you. What are you hiding? Are you the alpha? Do you know where Dimitris new mate has gone too?"
Rage frowned, "New mate? Who exactly are you talking about?"
"Maybe you know her." The vampire winked. "She's got long black hair and green eyes. She's beautiful. A nurse i believe. She was stolen from him. Was that you?"
Rage felt his anger begin to boil. The vampire had just described Joy. Joy was his. She belonged to him. Dimitri didn't have any claim to her. He closed his eyes and took a few deep calming breaths. The area was suddenly silent. No sounds of fighting. No leaves rustling. Nothing. He opened his eyes and the vampire was gone. He turned to his warriors and Dimitri was gone as well. The warriors came to him. He gave them the all clear signal and they began to make their way back to the compound. He felt anxious to get back. He had to see Joy. He had to be sure she was safe.

Joy lay in the bed. She was still shaken by what had happened. She wanted to see Rage. She felt like she needed to. Part of her wanted to feel safe, like she felt around him. Part of her didn't want to want him. But she knew once she saw him she would be fine. Ari refused to leave her alone. She kept checking on her.
Oh, Rage where are you? She thought. She juat wanted to see him. Maybe hug him. She needed to forget about everything. She needed to forget the stuff at the clinic. Forget what she had saw and felt. She needed to feel protected. But the longer she lay there waiting, the more she grew tired. She felt herself drifting off to sleep with thoughts of Rage in her mind.

She jolted awake when she felt the bed dip beside her. She opened her eyes as the bedside light came on. She saw Rages green eyes looking down at her. She felt tears well up. She sat up and hugged him. She clung to him as his arms wrapped around her. He pulled her into his lap and just held her. She felt safe, protected, and warm. All the things she had wanted to feel. She felt him kiss the top of her head.
She looked up at him. "Where were you?"
"I had to go out. I didn't want to go. I had to go." He explained.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked softly. "I... I'm sorry. You don't have to answer to me."
She tried to move off his lap but his arms tightened around her. She sighed ag the feeling.
"No, its okay. I want to tell you." He began. "I didn't think to tell you. I am sorry I didn't tell you."
She sighed. "Don't be sorry."
"Ari told me what happened. Are you alright?" He asked sounding concerned.
"No..." She began. "It felt like he was watching me. Like he knew what I was thinking. Like I'll never be free of him."
She heard Rage growl. "I won't let him get to you. I won't let him touch you. I will protect you."
"Promise?" She asked him.
He looked into her eyes. "I promise."
She watched as his head lowered and his lips met hers. She closed her eyes. His soft lips massaging hers. She felt warmth wash over her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. She drove her fingers into his hair and tugged lightly. He moaned in her mouth.
He pulled back and leaned his forehead against hers. "We... We can't."
"Can't?" She asked feeling disappointed. "What do you mean?"
"We shouldn't. Not after everything that happened today for you."
She moved of lf his lap. "I see."
She felt the tears well up again. She wasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to let him see her cry. She knew he wanted her that morning. She had felt the evidence. But now he doesn't. All because of her ties to a vampire. Because the damn vampire who kidnapped her can read her mind.
"I get it... Just... Just go." She said as she fought the tears.
She couldn't fight them anymore. They spilled over. She let out a sob and felt him lay beside her and pull her to him.
"It's not that I don't want you. You know I do. Its because I don't want to traumatize you. I don't want to make you think I am taking advantage of you when you are weak." He explained. "I want to make sure that when I take you for the first time, you are ready to be claimed."

******************
BONUS CHAPTER!!!

Ohh! Who's ready for a steamy chapter?
Finally!!!

Comment and let me know how you are liking this story so far.