Eleven

She opened her eyes and all she was was white light.  No objects no people just white light. She stood up from the ground and spun in a slow circle. Nothing but white light. She tried to think of where she could be, but she had no idea.
"My child. Be at ease. You are safe." Came a soft chirpy voice. "I am the Moon Goddess. I created the werewolves to protect tbe world from the bloodsucking undead of my brother."
"Who... Who are you?" Joy heard herself asking.
A soft feminine chuckle greeted her. "I created you. Well, I assisted in creating you. I am the Moon Goddess. I created the wolves. You my dear are in for a huge decision."
"What do you mean decision? Where am I?"
"You are in my home realm. I brought you here to not oy protect you, but to assist you in your decision making."
"What do I need to decide?"
"So many questions." A chuckle came again. "You are very special. Truly one of a kind. When your wolf was created, something happened. You see each wolf has a mate. Just one single mate. This mate is theirs forever. These mates are equal to man and wife. But there is no way out of a mating. The male claims and marks his mate so no other male can take her as his."
She thought about what Rage had said. He had marked and claimed her.
"You are very right, my child, he did mark and claim you. But what no one knew was that your human half was destined to be with another. You are mated to two truly different men. One who has marked amd claimed you. He saved you from torture. He tried to hold off on claiming you until you were ready. The other, is undead. He kidnapped you, tortured you, beat and starved you. He drank from you. That was when he realized you were his. Your headaches you have been feeling are because you are torn between two different mates. Your body doesn't know where it belongs. Whatever you decide now, seals your fate and breaks that bond with the other. Opening up the option of another mate for the one you do not choose."
"How can that be true? How was I mates to a wolf and a vampire?"
"I cannot tell you that. Just know this is rare and only special powerful beings get this option."
"Powerful? How am I powerful?"
"Your bloodline is strong. Your father was strong. He was alpha some years ago before his untimely death. You inherited some of his power. This power isn't physical. Its spiritual. That power is what called me to you. It called out for help. It called out to me for assistance. Now you must decide which half you want to honor."
Joy shook her head. Which side did she want to honor? Did she truly trust herself to know what she wanted right now. She was marked by Rage but still tied to the vampire who hurt her. If she chose him, would he still hurt her? Would he try and kill her? If she chose Rage, she would be his mate?
"Excuse me..." Joy began softly, "Can you explain to me exactly what this wolf mate thing is?"
"Of course child." The Moon Goddess began. "To be a mate to a wolf, you are tying yourself to him forever. You are giving up your only chance to pick another, if that was to ever happen. You are agreeing to bare his children, be by his side no matter what, to belong solely to him. As mates you both are tied in mind and body. Distance doesn't matter, you can reach out to him through your mind and he will answer. He will cherish you, love you, and give you everything he possibly can. Your mate will be your everything."
"You mentioned children... What if... What if before I changed, I was told I can't bear children?"
"My dear, when you changed that was fixed. Your transition fixed any damage was done. If it couldn't fix it, you wouldn't have changed. Believe me dear, you can and will have babies, no matter which side you choose."
Joy was pleased with the news. She had always wanted children, but when she was told she couldn't it devastated her. It ruined her relationship and had broken her spirit. But now here she was with the option of choosing a werewolf or a vampire to have children with. In her mind she knew she was supposed to decide this for herself. But her heart had a mind of its own. She wanted Rage. But did he truthfully want her? Did Dimitri know that she was mated to Rage?
"Child, he is sitting by your side in that clinic. He refuses to leave your side." The Moon Goddess began. "As for the undead, he knew that you were mated to another after you changed. His connection to your mind told him that. But he doesn't know that Rage is alpha. I would never willingly allow him to find that out."
"Can you help me decide? Do you already know who I will choose?"
"I do. You've already made it up. You just have to figure it out for yourself."
"Wait... You said I could bare children. Rage and I... We didn't use any form of protection. Could I be carrying his child?"
"Only time will tell. I'll leave you to your thinking."
Joy couldn't think. So much information was just given to her. There was a Moon Goddess, who had created the werewolves. She was special because she had a spiritual power to call upon and talk to the Moon Goddess. She was the perfect mate to Rage and to Dimitri. She could choose whoever she wanted, no matter that Rage had marked her or not. She could have children. She may or may not have conceived a child. She needed to decide which side of her she wanted to belong to. She needed to decide if Rage was really what she wanted. She knew she didn't want Dimitri, but was being tied to Rage what she wanted? Could she handle being the mate to an Alpha? Though it was in her blood. How she wished her birth parents were alive to help her through this.
She closed her eyes and when she opened them, she saw a woman with long black hair and the same green eyes she saw daily. It must be her mother. Beside her was a tall man with short black hair and hazel eyes.
"Oh, Joy, it really is you." The woman before her spoke. "I am your mother. This is your father."
Joy just stared. "You... You guys are dead. I was adopted."
"We are dead. Our spirit was called here by the Moon Goddess." Her mother said again. "She thinks you may have questions."
Joy nodded. "I just don't know what I want. I know that I don't want to be mated to Dimitri. Frankly, he scares me. But I just don't know if Rage is what I want. I don't know if I am willing to give up my freedom of choice just yet."
Her father smiled. "Your mother had a hard time deciding too. Though she wasn't mated to a vampire too. It took her awhile to realize that being mate to me, to the alpha of his pack, wasn't losing her freedom but gaining a protector. Gaining a lover, someone to count on."
"But what if he hurts me?" Joy asked them.
"He physically can't hurt you. It would literally almost kill him to harm you. It's just not possible." Her father said.
"That's not what she means." Her mother said. "She means what if he emotionally hurts her... You will fight argue even, but in the end as mates you will always make things right. Maybe not right away, but it will happen. Love will see you through."
"But I don't know him enough to love him." Joy exclaimed.
"Love comes faster than you think for wolves. You will love him, should you choose him." Her mother told her.
Joy sighed and closed her eyes. How she wanted to talk to him. She wanted to see him right now. Maybe that would help her realize what she truly wanted.

A picture flashed before her eyes. She saw herself lying motionless on a bed at the clinic. She saw Rage sitting beside her holding her hand. She saw him stroking her hair. She saw a single tear running down his cheek.
"Oh, Joy, I didn't mean to bring this on. I didn't mean to cause this. Please just come back to me. I promise I will make it up to you." He whispered. "Please Joy. Please come back."
After watching him kiss her forehead, she knew what she was going to do.

********************

This chapter took a lot out of me to write. I got emotionally invested in this chapter. I cried, I smiled, I felt everything Joy felt.

What did you think of this chapter? What about this twist? Two mates?

Comment me your thoughts.