"Now why would I laugh at that?" Tony asks with a soft voice as he walks over to her, "If you're this sentimental about it then, Monica, just smile for one picture."

 "No, I'll get a picture later," My mom chuckles and shakes her head.

 "Are you sure?" I ask, now feeling a bit guilty because I didn't know how much this day is important to her.

 "I'm sure," My mom smiles, "Only if you promise to give me the biggest smile later today."

 "I can do that," I grin and nod.

 "Good, both of my girls are happy now. Shall you begin with the first present?" Tony claps his hands together.

 I giddily reach for a turquoise bag with black and white polka dot tissue paper. No matter how old you become, opening presents on your birthday will always bring you unparalleled joy. I zealously pull out the tissue paper. "This one is from your dad and I," My mom states as I pull out a shoe box.

 "Uh, correction, you just put my name on the card," Tony interjects.

 "Well, you didn't get her anything!" My mom shoots back in a hushed voice.

 "Correction again, I got her a car and..." Tony trails off as he exits the kitchen. I hold off on opening the shoe box to see what Tony is doing. He reappears with a large rectangular box nearly the size of him wrapped in metallic wrapping paper and topped with a bow. He sets it down on the floor beside me. "And a surprise. Open this one last."

 "Okay," I pull off the lid of the shoe box. I see a pair of black wrap boots. I am instantly in love with my new shoes. "Thank you so much!"

 "You're welcome," My mom beams with glee at successfully picking me out a good gift.

 I open the second gift from my mom (and dad, as it is on the card). I received a cute red carbon steel tea kettle with a porcelain enamel coating. I found a matching mug set and a few boxes of London Company tea. I am more than excited about this gift. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved tea.

 "This one is from your grandparents," My mom enlightens me as I begin opening the third present.

 I rip apart the wrapping paper. I have to get scissors to open the packing tape of the box. I unseal the box to see what my grandparents got me. First I see a card; I delicately tear open the envelope. I smile at the kind note that was written in my grandma's loopy handwriting. I lay the card aside and dig into.

 "Ha," I laugh as I pull out a new ceramic hair curler.

 I also snicker as I pull out a package of Oreo cookies. An index card is taped on top of the package:

 "Stack a few on whoever falls asleep for me. –Grandpa"

 I grin as I set the cookies aside. "Okay, now for the best present of all," Tony smirks as he holds out his gift for me.

 I do not know what to expect as a gift from Tony. I am keen yet wary. I stand up on my knees on the stool to reach the top of the package. I tear open the wrapping paper to unveil a cardboard box. But that is all. I pull open the top to find that it is just an empty cardboard box. I look up with Tony with a confused expression.

 "I'll expect you packed and ready to move out first thing tomorrow morning," Tony states with a straight face.

 "Tony!" My mom screeches, "We are not kicking our daughter out!"

 "She's eighteen now," Tony shrugs, "It's time she moved out."

 "And how long have you been planning this joke?" I snort.