Chapter 17

The next day was like hell for Gun. Krist was ignoring him the whole day and when he tried to talk to Jane during their lunch break, Krist pulled his girl away and sat separately from the other three boys. The petite girl was also quiet and just followed Krist when she got dragged away.

Oab and New just shrugged, as if telling him to take care of the mess he had caused all by himself.

Such helpful friends they were.

In class, Krist would sit the furthest from Gun and would act like the male was non-existent. He still talked with the other two boys but not with Gun. It was rather awkward and frustrating for the smaller male.

Gun really couldn't stand the silent treatment. Sure, in any relationship, conflict was inevitable. It was what made the bond stronger, but it could also be the break-up point if not handled well. And Gun loved his friends enough to want them to be together for the rest of his life, so he really hated it when they stopped talking to each other, especially when the reason behind it was him, and his stupidity.

It wasn't until the third day that Gun had finally had enough. He tried to approach Krist again, and also Jane, who seemed to have softened a little toward him, yet her boyfriend was always there to prevent Gun to talk to her. Krist was even more stubborn than Gun when it came to things like those. He held grudge like hell, it was a wonder how they stayed as close friends for such a long time.

In the end, when Krist decided to sit separately again with only Jane, Gun headed toward the couple's table and shamelessly slammed his palms on the wooden material, making them jump in surprise before giving their attention to him. 

Gun looked at Krist, who clearly looked annoyed from the sudden shock he just got. "You, shush!" Gun snapped before Krist was able to say anything, then he fixed his gaze on Jane.

"Jane, listen... I'm really really sorry for the things I said the other day. I really didn't mean those things at all. You are the sweetest girl I have ever met, I would have dated you if I wasn't gay."

Krist cleared his throat, as if telling Gun that he was still there and could hear everything he just said. It made Jane's lips stretched into a small smile as Gun glanced at her boyfriend with his sharp gaze.

"What I meant was..." Gun turned his head toward Jane again. "...you are not taking Kit away from us. Instead, I am thankful that you want to be a part of a mess like us, and actually stayed with us for this long. You are a part of us. And I swear to God, really do love you..."

Krist cleared his throat again, making Gun roll his eyes, then finally stared at the other male.

"Of course, as a friend. And I honestly love you too, Kit."

Cringe.

"Ok, say no more, apology accepted. You're sending goosebumps all over my body. But please, I don't want to see you being all moody anymore."

Oh, that was rather easy. Why did Krist even act hard-to-get in the first place?

"Er..."

Gun nodded, finally smiling. He actually knew that his friends cared for him, and that they knew him very well without him even needing to explain everything to them. They were just keeping their nosy selves down at times and just waited for Gun to tell them himself.

But, this was not something Gun thought they should meddle with. It was between him and his heart. It was his fight with himself that he had to settle by himself. He really doubt they could help him because he knew their view was totally different than his when it was about love.

And despite complying with what Krist had just said, Gun really wasn't sure if he could stop being moody. His heart had been out of control and the longing he felt for the tall older male was getting bigger. It was the sole reason why he was being moody in the first place.