Chapter 2

Gun was playing with his pen as he twirled it in his fingers while his other hand propped on his chin. His eyes were staring far to the front at professor Korn, who was talking about things Gun chose not to pay attention to anymore. He glanced at his watch, checking the time for their break, then sighed in boredom. 10 more minutes.

He was already so hungry, his stomach had been grumbling non-stop. He didn't have time to grab breakfast this morning thanks to someone who woke up so late. Then they had to run to class trying to be there right on time, but he had bumped on someone, making them complete late. Professor Korn gave them an earful speech about punctuality and how they should always be on time, then gave them an essay to write as a punishment. To be submitted in two days.

Gun's gaze shifted to Oab, who was sitting to his right, eyes fierce as he glared in annoyance. His friend gave him a questioning look as their eyes met. Gun rolled his eyes and pushed Oab's head.

"Ssat." Gun cursed at Oab with hushed voice, making the other looked even more confused at his behavior. Yet, the smaller male decided to ignore Oab as he turned his head back to look to the front.

"Alright students. That's it for today. You may dismiss." Professor Korn finally announced, and Gun immediately stood up, breathing out in relieve as he slung his bag on his shoulder. His eyes turned to his friends as if asking them to hurry. He already packed his things and was ready to leave the class as soon as possible.

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

The moment Gun and his friends claimed a table in the canteen, Gun immediately put his bag down and walked off to buy his lunch. Oab and New tagged along, leaving the lovebirds and Off behind to keep watch of their belongings.

The boys met Jane and Off at the canteen entrance and Jane, being the nice girl that she is, just casually invited Off to sit with them, which he agreed easily.

Off sat across of Jane, watching her talking to her boyfriend, seemingly not interested in anything else outside of their bubble. He then sighed, wondering what exactly he was doing there. He checked on his phone for a message from his friend, Tay. The other said he finished class already, but he was still nowhere in sight.

"Not having lunch?"

Off was caught off guard when he heard Gun's voice from behind him. The younger was fast to get back as he chose to get the fastest menu, not wanting to starve any longer. He then put the plate on the table as he sat beside Off, turning his head to look at the older, expecting an answer. His expression was flat, almost unreadable.

"I'm waiting for my friend. We plan to eat outside campus, since we dont really have any more class for today."

Gun nodded then tore his gaze from the other as he started eating. It was silent for a moment, and Off kept checking his line for news from Tay.

"Sorry about this morning. I was in a hurry." Gun broke the silence. His voice was soft, but Off could still hear it clearly, making him smile as he turned to look at the younger.

Even though Gun may appear fierce, he is actually quite gentle. He is not the type to get angry without reason and he knows when to stop. He would apologize when he made mistake, although at times he could be pretty stubborn. Basically, he would behave according to how people treat him.

"It's okay. I wasn't looking either. And sorry to make you even more late to class."

Gun glanced shortly to Off, his dimple appeared as he smiles, then he nods. "My name is Gun."

"I'm Off."

"You're a senior right?"

Off nods. "I'm in my 3rd year."

"How come P' is in the same class with Jane?" Neither Jane nor Off told him they were in the same class. Gun was only guessing.

"I failed the subject, so need to retake." A soft laughter escaped Off's lips and Gun nodded.

"Ai'Off!"

An male's voice calling Off made the guy, as well as Gun, turn their heads to look at him. Even Krist and Jane finally burst out of their pink bubble to see the owner of the voice.

"Ai'Tay."

The guy Off called as Tay casually put his hand on Off's shoulder and tipped his head to signal Off to get going. "Let's go!" he then turned to Gun and the couple, bowing his head a bit. "Sawadee krub."

The freshmen smile at Tay and wai for their greeting.

"Sawadee krub."

"Sawadee kha, P'Tay." That was Jane. She might know the guy since Gun remembered him as the Campus Moon from a couple years ago.

"I'm leaving first na." Off bode his goodbye, getting up from the table as he slung his bag on his shoulder.

"Krub/kha, P. Sawadee krub/kha." Krist and Jane responded in sync. Gun only nodded, before he concentrated back on his food as the seniors took their leave, making Gun felt like a third-wheel for his friends already. Thankfully, New and Oab came back not long after with their foods, saving Gun from being alone with the couple.

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

Sawadee kha~ 🙏
Here's a short update from me since I already finished writing it haha

Hope you enjoyed reading, and feedbacks are much appreciated. Khob khun mak na kha🙏