Chapter 14

Gun paced back and forth in the restroom at the canteen area, with one hand holding his chin, while the other rested on his waist. Uneasiness was pretty obvious on his face, before he suddenly ruffled his hair harshly, face distorted in disbelief, more likely directed to himself.

"Hoiii...." The male stopped moving as he sighed in frustration, then he stared at his reflection in the mirror, placing his hands on the sink. The restroom wasn't exactly empty since it was lunch time, and a few people, who came in and out, looked at him weirdly despite not saying anything.

"Atthaphan Phunsawat! Are you out of your mind?! Why did you do that?!" Gun groaned as he turned around, leaning back against the sink. A male, who was washing his hands on the wash basin next to him, turned his head to look at the short male, a little surprised at his loud exclamation.

Gun realized how people had been looking at him for the past 5 to 10 minutes he was in the restroom, but he just ignored all of them, drowning himself in his thoughts and frustration. His mind travelled to the incident with Off just now.

"Gun, do you mean it?" Off was staring at the younger with hopeful eyes, clearly showing how happy he was at the positive respond he just got. Gun only stood still, staring down at the floor, cursing himself for doing what he did. He finally slid his smartphone into his pocket as he recollected himself.

The small boy lifted his head to look at the other, but no, he couldn't. So he immediately tear his gaze the moment their eyes met. "Phi, I need to go to the toilet real fast. Suddenly have stomachache."

Gun quickly dashed away, not giving chance for Off to respond, and the taller male could just stood there in confusion.

"Fuck... fuck... fuck... fuck... fuck..."

Gun covered his whole face with his palms as he groaned again, getting another weird look from a male who just came into the restroom, which, again, he ignored. A long sigh soon escaped his lips as he tried to calm himself and chose to forget what happened.

Heaving a short determined sigh, Gun then made his way out. He had been long gone.

From afar, he could see Off was already back to their table with Tay and New, laughing as they were talking. The taller male, somehow, suddenly pulled Gun's whole attention toward him. His heart suddenly started to beat faster as he stepped closer toward them.

Gun then abruptly stopped his legs from moving when he felt like his chest was about to burst. He wanted to turn around to run away, but it was too late because Off had already caught him, and was waving toward him with a wide smile. Damn.

Gun had no choice but to continue walking toward them, while trying hard to calm his heart, wearing a small awkward smile as he took a seat next to New. Krist or Jane could move when they got back. Who asked them to leave their seats empty?

"Aw... why are you sitting there?"

Disappointment was clear in Off's voice when Gun didn't choose to sit beside him. It was only a few minutes ago that he was sent to cloud nine when he got the green light from Gun to continue courting him, but then, it was as if he was thrown hard back to the ground. It actually sting a little.

Gun shook his head a bit in response as he smiled, eyes looking anywhere but Off's own pair. "No reason, phi."

"Really?"

The smaller male nodded as he pulled one of the plates toward him and started eating in silence. Damn it, heart! Calm down!

Off sighed softly and looked at Tay and New across of him, who could only smile as they tried to comfort him silently. The male smiled back to relay his thanks, nodding his head a little, knowing that they were worried about him. He thought his effort finally paid off a little, but no, there was still a long way to go.

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

Gun played with his pen in his hand as he stared emptily into the space, and his text book was just left ignored on his desk chair. The lecturer's voice had become faint at the back of his head as his mind drifted away to a certain male from the architecture faculty.

He was actually on full focus to the lecture during the first half of the class, but the thought of Off suddenly crossed his mind and it brought him out of the 4-wall room. He was thankful his gang always chose the back seat for times like this when he just couldn't concentrate.

Gun didn't understand why he reacted that way before. Why did he say yes to Off's proposal to court him? Why was his heart beating so fast? Why did he suddenly feel conscious of Off's presence, when usually he didn't really care?

The boy heaved out a long sigh as he buried his head in between his hands, making his friends turn to shortly glance at him before focusing back on the lecture. New, who sat closest to him, tapped his shoulder to get his attention, relaying his question through his eyes. The two had become closest ever since Gun shared about the kiss with Off last month, especially that Oab also started dating already, leaving the two singles in their circle to hang out together.

"Nothing..." The smaller boy mouthed and his lips stretched into a smile, showing his dimples.

"You sure? You've been looking troubled for a while now."

It was a soft whisper even though loud enough for Gun to hear, and he nodded in respond, reassuring his friend not to worry about him.

"Er..." New nodded then leaned back against his chair, leaving a lingering stare at Gun before he turned his focus back to the lecture.

Gun then straightened his body, mirroring New's posture as he tried to put his full attention back to the lecture as well. He shouldn't be thinking about it too much. It might just be a momentary feeling because of the shock he got from Off's sudden question. It wasn't something that should be messing with his mind, or even heart.

Yes, it wasn't anything important.

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

Sawadee kha~🙏🏻

Here's my update for this week and with this published, I need to inform you guys that I'm gonna take hiatus until further notice, since my work is taking a toll on me. Really sorry about that. 🙏🏻

I'll try to update when I have time. There's only around 2 or 3 chapters left, I hope you can bear with me. Heheh~

Thank you for reading and feedbacks are so much appreciated. Sawadee kha~🙏🏻