Chapter 15

It had been a while since Gun started avoiding Off – ever since that time in the canteen when Gun's lips created another brain and acted on its own. And avoiding Off could sometimes mean that he had to pull himself out of his circle, since most of the time, Off would hang out with them – even though the sole reason was to be with Gun.

So, that day during lunch break, Gun decided to separate ways with his friends again when New told them that Tay was coming to the canteen. He was pretty sure Off would be with Tay as always, and Gun was thankful that he had a pretty solid reason to leave right at that time. He needed to return the book he borrowed from the library around a week ago, even though he could actually do that in the afternoon.

"I'll be back soonest after I'm done in the library."

His voice was heard as he stood up from his seat in the canteen. Yet, despite saying that, Gun didn't really plan to join them for lunch anymore. His friends might have known but decided to stay silent.

They should've guessed already that Gun was avoiding Off because it was pretty obvious. The boy would always take off whenever he knew that the two junior students, especially Off, were joining them. And if they happened to meet coincidentally, Gun would try to avoid any interaction with the older.

None of his friends knew what else happened between the two to make Gun act that way. It wasn't exactly because of the taller's bold confession about courting him. Gun wouldn't take it as far as going out to eat alone only for that reason. He wasn't that fond of having meal all by himself.

It was mainly because of that jolt in his heart whenever he saw Off. Just like when he had his first crush, when his heart would beat faster than ever only by the sight of the other, and butterflies start filling his stomach.

Gun knew that feeling.

He decided that he didn't want to be involved romantically with anyone, but that didn't mean he was clueless about love. He just didn't like it and didn't want to drown himself in it.

The small male didn't know exactly when he started developing feelings for Off, but it was growing so fast in just a short moment, it scared him. Off just filled his head out of the blue and Gun would find himself suddenly smiled when the thoughts about all the things happening since New Year's Eve with Off crossed his mind. Sometimes he needed to slap himself to stay sane.

Gun wasn't stupid and he already admitted to himself that he liked Off. He learned that the faster you admitted your feeling, the faster you'd be able to get rid of it. It was like a sick person admitting that he was sick so he could immediately go see the doctor and treat his illness in order to get better. That was what Gun was doing.

"Aow, N'Gun."

The voice that called out his name, that he knew all too well, made Gun's heart jump and it suddenly skipped a beat as he turned his head from the librarian toward the owner. There stood Off, with a smile decorating his face.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Off continued when he finally stood beside Gun, handing the few books he was holding to the librarian, along with his student card, asking for a check-out.

"Borrowing books as well?"

The small boy shook his head lightly, finally responding to the junior student. He was busy trying to control his beating heart that he didn't realize that he had been silent and just stood there looking all annoyed. Off might think that he didn't want to talk to him.

"I'm returning that book actually." Gun answered shortly as he pointed to the book on the librarian's desk with his head. "Oh, my ID card, please?" Gun then talked to the librarian, remembering that he was about to take his card when Off's call caught him off guard, distorting his focus.