Chapter 5

Off was sitting on a couch in the apartment lobby the next morning, already in his uniform, fingers busy clicking and scrolling on his smartphone. It was still early for him to leave for class, since he only had one in the afternoon, but he had been ready from 7:00 in the morning. He would occasionally glance toward the elevator, expecting a certain someone would appear soon.

A shorter male came out of the elevator when the clock struck 7:20 and Off instantly stood from his seat, shoving his phone inside his pants' pocket as he walked toward the other.

It was Gun. No, he wasn't exactly waiting for the younger. He assured himself that he was just hanging out in the lobby since he was bored alone inside his apartment.

"Nong Gun..."

Gun turned to the voice who called him. "Oh, P'Off. Sawadee krub." He wai politely.

"Going to class?" Off tried to sound as casual as possible, trying to make it look like a coincidence. For some unknown reason he felt a little nervous as he looked at Gun. The boy was glowing that morning.

"Krub. What about P'?"

"Oh... yes! Me too."

A lie, of course. Off didn't even know why he lied. "Are you going with Oab?" The older stretched his neck to peek behind Gun, looking for Oab.

"That dumbass Oab ditched me for P'Maprang. Asshole." The younger chuckled as he shook his head. It was not the first time for Gun.

"Do you want me to give you a lift instead?" Off was fast with his words, not knowing what he was excited about.

"But I already called Krist to pick me up." The taller male almost felt utterly disappointed until Gun spoke again. "Never mind, I'll call him again. Better than to be trapped with the couple alone."

Krist would surely pick Jane up first before going to campus. The gang arranged most of their classes to be arround the same time with Jane's so they could still hang out together, since she was the only one in a different faculty.

Gun quickly dialed his friend's number to notify him about the change of plan, then turned to Off after he ended the call. "But P', I need to grab something to eat first. What time will your class start?"

"Don't worry, we have time." Off avoided to answer the question. A smile appeared on his face. "So, where do we eat?"

"How about the restaurant here?" Gun pointed to his left. It's the restaurant in the apartment building, where he would usually have his breakfast. The older agreed easily, so they made their way to the restaurant that was just right beside the entrance door. Gun ordered his usual shrimp porridge while Off ordered omelet rice.

The restaurant was a little packed with people although it was still early. A lot of them were actually students who lived in that apartment, dropping by to get their breakfast.

Gun enjoyed his breakfast as always, and Off felt like his breakfast that morning was better than any other mornings. It was fun and really comfortable being with the younger, and Off came to know a little bit more about him – that he had a 3-year-younger sister, the one he trusted the most. She was the first to know about Gun's sexual orientation and still loved him nonetheless.

Breakfast finished soon and they paid before leaving to the university. The two boys separated at the lobby as Gun headed to class and Off said he needed to wait for Tay first. When Gun disappeared upstairs, Off walked back to the parking lot, driving back home. His class wouldn't start until 1 PM.

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

It was Saturday afternoon when Off was hanging out with Tay at Siam Paragon, planning to watch a movie. It had been 3 days since he dropped Gun to campus and he hadn't met him after. He only met Jane, who had the same class with him the day before, and Krist, when he came to pick up his girlfriend after class. But there was no Gun in sight or the other two boys, even during lunch breaks where they would usually see each other at the canteen, coincidentally. He actually wondered where Gun – and his friends – had gone to. They were just there when Off wasn't really looking for them, but they seemed to disappear when the older wanted to hang out with them.