Chapter 15

"Which one matches my skin the best? The light or the dark blue?" Tori asked me, holding two dresses in front of her.

"Ooohhhh, I know! How about the green one that matches my eyes." She says running over to her bed I was currently sitting on, grabbing a new dress and dumping the others beside me.

"Are you listening?!" I saw her snap her fingers in front of my face. I felt bad from how much she had to be asking that lately.

"Yea." I said giving her the best smile I could muster.

In truth, she didn't have the undivided attention she deserved. From the staring contest to the sudden hostile behavior with Lee yesterday, my mind's been occupied trying to find my own reasons for this. I was debating on calling him last night but decided against it and chose to demand answers in person instead. Just didn't know the right questions as yet..

I heard Tori sigh as she put her clothes aside and sat beside me.

"What's going on with you?"

Well I guess it's time I told her everything. So I did. From how Lee and I went out and got close. Gio confessing his feelings and Lee seeing us kissing. Lee sucking Katherina's face off while looking at me, straight to yesterday in the parking lot. When I finished her jaw was on the floor.

"All of this happened... And you're just telling me now?!" She practically shouted in my face.

"I'm..sorry?" I said sheepishly.

"So have you asked Lee about all of this?" She said finally calm.

"No, but the next time I see him I'm going to ask." I hurriedly said the last part after seeing her facial expression.

"But hold up...that means the 'hang out' you're doing with Gio today is really a 'date'? And I can't believe he told you and didn't tell me and neither did you!"

"I don't want him to think it's a date. We're just going out as friends. BEST friends." I said ignoring the last part. That's why I brought the most simplest outfit in my closet I could find to wear. There's no need for extra effort.

"Aww my two best friends dating. I thought the day would never come." She said practically ignoring what I said. I'm just going to let her have her fun.

"Oh sh*t!" She suddenly exclaimed, checking her watch.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

Tori stared at me with her mouth agape. "What do you mean what's wrong?! It's 4:15 and Gio's picking you up at 5!"

I looked at her genuinely confused. "And?..."

"What do you mean 'and'?! We need time to get you properly dressed. Time to put some proper makeup on you-"

"Nuh uh uh." I interjected shaking my finger at her. "No make up. A little mascara and lip gloss is fine."

"But-"

"No."

"Just a-"

"Nope."

"What if-"

"Not gonna happen."

"Uggh, fine!" She finally gave up.

"But don't we still need to get you ready?"

"Hun my date doesn't arrive until 7. I could even go sleep. Now we've wasted enough time, let's get you ready!" Tori said clapping her hands together excitedly.

Since I already took a shower before I came here, all I did was put on my clothes, style my hair and spend a good ten minutes fighting with Tori not to put any makeup on me. Finally I was ready, and with 5 minutes to spare.