Chapter 54~ Fourteenth blood betrayal

Start from the beginning

"How can you be so cold?" Jon questioned, angry. 

"I live in the North," Damien said sarcastically. "That alone should explain allot, Snow." 

"You've got no sympathy whatsoever-"

"Listen," Damien interrupted as he got up from his chair, gesturing with his hands. "I don't care about her son, I'll be honest about it! Heavens, I don't care about much at all."

"Didn't look like it tonight." Devrys said quietly, but not quietly enough. Damien turned around, eyes wide as he sarcastically looked surprised. 

"Oh! Yea..." he breathed out. "I mean, I just saved my future Queen who had been captured for seven days straight by her enemies, tortured fatally and so on!"

"She does not want to marry you!" Devrys shouted, getting up violently, pushing his stol backwards. Damien smirked and shrugged. 

"Well, I still have bigger chances than you do, little lord." he said, walking past him. "I didn't leave her to die."

"Neither did I!"

Damien got angry now. He hated people who couldn't admit to their mistakes, who couldn't take responsibility for their stupid actions. This was completely stupid and Devrys made it even more stupid by saying such stupid and useless stuff. 

Quicker than ever, Damien shoved Devrys up against a wall, holding him by the neck. "Listen here, you piece of shit, you left her to rot in a dungeon for fourteen days! Fourteen fucking days! She probably trusted both of you to help her, at least try to! The more you open your mouth the more I want to kill you." 

Jon suddenly got between them, trying to stop them, but before he had a chance Damien actually let him go and was ready to take his leave. He wasn't about to stay here, wasn't about to spend another minute here. 

But that's where he was wrong. 

Helena stood up in the bed, sheets covering her chest and her eyes looking at all three of them with what looked like... well, hatred. 

Damien moved closer to her and he immediately noticed that her look wasn't meant for him, but stayed on her brother and bodyguards. 

"Elly..." Devrys said softly which she replied with an even angrier look. "You're awake." She shook her head with disbelief, tears in her eyes.

"Fourteen days?" she echoed, her voice still very weak and shaky. "You waited two weeks?"  She must've lost count herself how long she'd been there. It was very understandable, though. 

"Helena-"

"Where's my son, Jon?" she interrupted, her eyes hard now. "Where is he?" 

No one answered for a while, meaning she had not heard their entire conversation. 

"There was nothing we could do." Jon said, sounding as depressed as ever which almost made Damien want to laugh. 

"We couldn't-"

"Damien." 

"Yes?" he answered her. 

"Take me far away from her." Damien looked at her with big eyes, not expecting her to say that all. 

"Helena, no, you can't possibly-" Helena glared at her brother and she was so angry that tears were rushing down her wounded and bruised cheeks, face red.

"I didn't wait two weeks to come and get you, Jon." she said angrily. "I was in another country and I hurried over to you because I heard you were in trouble! But you were in the same bloody castle, you were breathing the same air as me and yet you couldn't just... just come and save me!"

"We were waiting for back up."

"I would've died for you, Jon!" she roared out in hysterical sobs. "I would've died in order to save you! But you let them torture me for two weeks! You let Cersei, the woman who manipulated everyone into thinking our father deserved to be executed, have me!"

"Hell, I am so sorry..." His voice was shaky. 

"No." she said, blankly staring at them. "If you just saved me then my son..."

Devrys and Jon both tried to come closer to her which resulted in her getting up from her bed , covers still on her, and reaching for Damien's dagger which she took very quickly, pointing it at both of them. 

"Don't. Come. Close. To. Me." she threatened, but Damien noticed her legs shaking. She was too weak stand up and almost fell down, but he caught her and helped her stand. 

"Please, take me away, Damien."