The Leaning Tower of Len

• Dedicated to The Gang

In a very serious tone, Len said, "Just one more piece of spaghetti..."

"Looks really good so far." Rin gawked.

"Like, really, really good!" Lapis grinned, batting her eyelashes. Unfortunately, her efforts went to waste, since the only thing that Len was paying attention to was his tower.

"I'm done!" He exclaimed, almost falling out of his chair from excitement. "My masterpiece!"

"Is it supposed to be leaning to the right?" Rin asked as she cocked her head to the side.

"Of course!" Len replied defensively. "I'll call it...the Leaning Tower of Len! Go ahead, look upon its majesty."

"I'm looking, Len!" Lapis leaned forward, staring intently at the tower of spaghetti and marshmallows.

"Where's Piko? I want him to see this." Len commented, his gaze traveling around the dining room.

"What about me?" Lapis crawled over the table and latched on to his arm.

Len screamed and ran, dragging the obsessive girl with him. Rin watched him go without trying to help.

"Piko! IA! Yuma! Someone!" He yelled.

"Stop shouting! You're going to make us all go deaf!" IA stood in Len's way.

"IA! Help me, please!" He begged, falling to his knees.

"No. Piko! Your lover needs help!" She turned to look behind her, motioning someone to come over.

"He's not my lover." Piko mumbled, bright red. The boy was walking rather slowly to the scene. "But what does he-" Piko spotted Lapis. "Get away from him!" He screeched, rushing forward and grabbing Lapis by the collar. He jerked her away and continued to pull her until they were both out of sight.

Len collapsed on the floor, breathing heavily. "Piko is a savior."

IA shook her head in disappointment. "When will you see?" She left the blonde to his thoughts.

"Wait, IA! What do you mean?" Len stood up quickly and ran after the girl that was one of his best friends. He stopped her by taking hold of her arm.

"Nothing." She smiled one of the saddest smiles Len had ever seen. Although, it didn't compare to how she smiled six years ago. "Maybe one day. Maybe tomorrow. You'll know soon enough, and I'm going to make sure of it." IA left him once again and this time Len just stood there staring after her.

"What does she mean?" His words were barely audible.

The blonde retreated to his room to play video games. It was maybe three hours later when he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." He said quickly, not removing his eyes from the screen.

IA sat down beside him.

"Piko and I are going to be sleeping in the main living room. We wanted to see if you would join us." She asked, then added, "Yuma already said no."

"Oh."

"Len?"

"Not tonight."

IA sighed. "Okay. See you tomorrow. Love you." She embraced him before she exited the room.

Len paused his game and laid down. "I wish she acted like that all the time. I wonder why she's being so weird...?" He turned over to his side and shut his eyes.

"He didn't want to." IA rolled her eyes. "I don't know why though. He was just playing video games. Len always picks us over his games."

"Well, everyone is being strange lately. It's coming up on the anniversary, so it's understandable." Piko adjusted his legs so they were to the side of IA.

The two Vocaloids were laying opposite each other on the couch. Before Piko moved, their legs had been entangled from the short play fight they had had.

They were quiet, listening to the silence that had settled over this part of the mansion. Most Vocaloids were asleep at this time.

"You need to do it tomorrow." IA spoke up. "It's been too long. You're only destroying yourself the longer you keep it in." Piko opened his mouth to speak, but IA held up a finger. "Len will never notice unless you tell him straight up and show him, Piko. You've known him longer than I have, although not much longer, but you've got to own up to your feelings. The feelings you've been trying to suppress for the past eight years."

"IA..." Piko sniffled, moving to lay right next to her. "I'll try." He hugged her, burying his head in her shoulder. IA stroked his hair.

They eventually fell asleep like that.

However, IA loved to toss and turn in her sleep.

As a result, Piko was on the floor when he awoke the next morning.

{Well, I take back what I said on only three more chapters. I came up with quite a few ideas ^.^ the first part of this chapter was inspired be real events.}