Happy Braid Day

January 27

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" All the Vocaloids sang. "Happy birthday dear, IA! Happy birthday to you!"

IA closed her eyes and blew out her candles. They all cheered.

"Alright. This cake is mine." IA pointed to the extra large cake in front of her. "Oh, and by the way, thank you, Luka, for the cake." She leaned closer to the pink haired girl.

"And that cake is for you all to share!" She smiled brightly, pointing to a second cake in the middle of the table.

Rin looked disappointedly at the tiny cake IA was pointing at.

"Why do we get the small cake?" Len whined.

"Because it's not your birthday." IA raised her eyebrows. "And besides. It's big enough for you all to share. If you have paper thin slices."

The statement brought about a chorus of complaints.

IA glanced around at everyone and sighed. "Fine. Gakupo. If you let me braid your hair, then I'll let everyone have the big cake."

Gakupo looked horrified. "No! You can't touch my hair! Ever!" The man yelled, clutching his hair.

"Gakupo, please?" Miku and Luka pleaded in unison. Gakupo hesitated.

"Alright."

"Yay! Sit down. Everyone, you can take the cakes into the living room. We'll be there in a bit." IA directed.

Lily and Yohioloid grabbed the large cake and shuffled down the hallway that led to the living room. Kaito grabbed the smaller cake and followed Lily and Yohioloid. Everyone else just kind of filed out after them.

Everyone but IA, Gakupo, Len, and Piko that is.

Len and Piko take a seat across from each other. IA sat on the same side of the table as Piko, with Gakupo sitting in a chair next to her.

"Alright. You ready?" IA said as she turned her chair to face Gakupo.

He groaned. "I guess."

"Good." IA starts the braid, humming a tuneless song.

"Guys, I was up all night playing GTA 5!" Len exclaimed.

"We know. We heard you." Gakupo said dryly.

"Oh. Well, I found this place that looked like the real thing." Len said with wide eyes.

"What was it?" IA asked absentmindedly, continuing to braid Gakupo's long hair. The question made Len smile.

"It was a strip club!"

Piko gasped. "Len! How would you know what a place like that really looked like?!"

"Uh...I don't really...uh, it was..." Len searched for a word, slowly going off into a daze.

"You know, I could do that for you anytime." Piko mumbled shyly, blushing. IA heard what he said, and looked at him sharply.

"Piko!"

"IA!"

"You dirty little boy." IA smirked, returning to work.

Piko blushed even harder, if it was possible.

"Huh, what? Why is Piko a dirty little boy?" Len snapped out of his daydream that was probably about bananas.

"No reason!" Piko yelled, standing up and running away.

"Why'd he leave? I wanted to know!" Len complained.

"You're not old enough to know." IA shrugged, humming Six Trillion Years and an Overnight Story.

"What, and you are?" Len scoffed. "You're a year older than me!"

"Exactly!" IA grinned. "Gakupo! I'm done!" She jumped up, handing the purple haired man a mirror.

"I...look...FABULOUS!" He bolted out of the room. "I've got to show everyone!"

"I've got to know why Piko's a dirty boy!" Len ran in the direction Piko had ran in.

IA sighed, taking a seat again. "Jeez. Those boys run everywhere, don't they?" Then her eyes lit up. "Cake!" She ran off toward the living room, chanting 'Cake' the whole way there.