Chapter 18

The next morning Clay went home to find Gemma not there. Worried he called Jax and Jax told him to stop by his house with him.
Clay and Jax walked into the house and Jax heard loud snoring.
"I'll check out the bedroom wait here." Jax told Clay. He walked through the hallway and opened the door just enough so he could peek in. The sight in front of him warmed his heart completely. The two women he cared about the most. They were asleep and peaceful in his bed.
"Clay!" Jax whispered
"Come look at this." He continued to whisper as he let out of a small quiet chuckle. Clay walked up behind Jax and Jax pushed open the door slightly. Clays eyes widened as he saw the two women sprawled across Jax's bed together. Harley was on her side facing away from Gemma. Her long blonde curly hair strung across the bed due to the fact is was long, and Gemma was laying on her back with her hair covered up her face. Clay looked at Jax and gave him his signature grin. Jax just chuckled. The men walked over to their old ladies. They shared a look and jumped on top of them but careful not to hurt them. Harley and Gemma short up at the same time. Gemma's bangs sticking straight up and Harley's head collided with Jax's and she painted heavily, fear spread across her face. "Ow!" Jax shouted and Harley knew that familiar voice and she opened her clenched eyes to see Jax sitting on her waist. Gemma and clay laughing on the other side of the bed.
"You got a hard ass head" Jax cackled rubbing the soon to be knot on his forehead
"You scared me. That's what you get." She made a fake mad face as she pointed a finger at him. Gemma and clay smiled at the two. They all got up and went to the living room as Harley and Gemma began to cook.
"We have a run today" Jax said as Harley handed him a cup of coffee.
She walked back over to the bowl of pancake batter she was mixing.
"Really? What for?" She asked
"Blood drive" clay smiled as he propped his feet up on the table.
Harley twirled around to the look at the two men.
"Get your feet off my table mr." She said pointing a wooden spoon at him. Gemma gave him a smirk and he reluctantly removed his feet off the table top.
Gemma was frying bacon and she had made some scrambled eggs as Harley poured in the pancake batter into a hot pan.
"Who wants chocolate chips in their pancakes?" She asked with a whole hearted smile
"Me!" Clay and Jax called laughing like little kids. Harley chuckled as she dropped a couple chocolate chips in the pancakes.
After the food was done Gemma made clay and a plate and Harley made Jax a plate before making their own. Harley went and got abel then sat him in her lap as Gemma sat down beside her. Jax went to dig in and Harley stopped him.
"I think we should say a prayer" she said looking at abel
"What?" The two men asked her and Gemma just gave her a look
"We're all here together and happy. One big family. I'm so blessed to have you guys. I think we should pray over our food. It's the least I can do considering the good lord above blessed me with you guys." She smiled at Gemma
"Cold dead hearted Harley wants to thank god for her food?" Clay asked
"Shut up and bow your head." And with that they all put their heads down. Harley reaches out and grabbed Gemma's hand along with Jax's as she balanced baby abel on her legs. With Gemma's other hand she grabbed Clay's hand and clay grabbed Jax's hand.
"Dear lord, id like to say thank you for this wonderful family breakfast you have given us. I'd like to say thank you for blessing me with this wonderful food and these wonderful people I get to enjoy it with. Thank you so much for all your blessings. I'd also like to ask if you keep these old coots safe on the road today as they travel for their run." She giggled
"Amen." She raised her up head and Jax took her into a big hug being careful not squish his son.
"That was beautiful baby" Gemma smiled at her then kissed her on the cheek. Harley blushed a little before starting to eat her pancake. She watched as clay took a bite of the pancake and his eyes went wide "this is the best pancake I have ever had in my life!" He said over a mouth full of food.
"Maybe we should come over for breakfast more often" Gemma smiled. Jax just looked at Harley as she was feeding herself and feeding abel his bottle at the same time. He took in her beauty. His heart swelled. Tara has never been this gentle and caring. She didn't like Gemma or Clay and matter of fact she didn't even like the club. Harley loved his mother and step father, and she also loved the club along with all the crew. She took in his son as her own. She was thanking god for them all. No one had ever done that for him. She loved his mother like her own and he could tell they were bonding at a very fast rate. They had a good relationship since the start. They clicked. He knew around sometime they would clash heads but he hoped for know that their relationship would stay this way.