Chapter 23

Harley and Jax were sitting in their room talking. They had left Gemma and Clay both alone in shock.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Clay clenched his fists at his sides as Gemma sat down her grandson.
"We knew it would only get in the way of things. There's so much shit going down right now I didn't want to add anything to your plate. Now that Harley has told everyone retaliation will definitely happen and she doesn't want it to happen and quite frankly neither do it." She told her husband
"Did they hurt you?" His eyes softened as he walked towards her
"Roughed me up some. Harley got the most of it. God Clay I'm so stupid I shouldve done something! And then she comes in here about another a child! What if she's pregnant?" Gemma began to sob
"Baby it's not your fault." Clay brought Gemma into a hug as she sobbed into his shoulder. He stroked his hand along her hair. His heart breaking seeing her like this, but his heart was also thankful for the woman who had saved his wife from something so horrid.
"You know Jax is going to kill them. You know I have to kill them too. They crossed a line Gemma. This ends now." Clay kissed her forehead and went out the door leaving Gemma alone with Abel. He rode to Jax's house and Parked his bike behind the others. Harley heard a knock on the door and she looked st Jax. 'I'll get it" she gave him a soft smile before getting up and heading towards their front door.
She had opened the door and there stood clay. "Hey" She said softly. Clay pulled her into a bone crushing hug. He pressed a small kiss to the top of her head.
"Thank you so much." He whispered. "I'm sorry Harley." He continued. Jax showed up behind them and clay gave Jax a look of sorrow.
He released the small girl from his hug and then spoke to his step son.
"We have business to take care of." Clay muttered towards Jax
"Please don't do this." Harley begged the two.
"We have to." They both said
"Please be careful. Jackson I'm pregnant I can't do this alone." She began to cry. He brought her into a hug.
"I'll come home to you." He have her a slow kiss then stepped away from her towards his bike. "I love you" She told him before he got on his bike and sent a nod her way. She went back into the house and shut the door. Her stomach was in knots. She had an awful feeling. She knew Jax wasn't going to come home. She knew this was bad. She walked into the bedroom and pulled out a box her and Jax had been putting money in and she left it on the bed. There was $2,000 in it. It wasn't much but just Incase they needed it it was truly something. She sat down at the end of the bed and placed her hands on her belly. Her heart swelled. Even though she was Abel's mother she wasn't his birth mother. She was about to have a baby of her own with Jax. There was no doubt in her mind that both children would be equally loved. She loved Abel with every inch of her and she was going to love this baby just the same. At that though she picked up her phone and called Gemma.
"Hey baby" Gemma said
"Hey Gem. Can you bring Abel over? I miss my baby boy." Harley spoke softly into the phone
"Yes. I'll be over in five." Gemma said before abruptly hanging up the phone. Harley sat there. Thinking. Abel was getting bigger by the day. Laughing and trying to talk. Trying to stand on his own. He could stand with the help of someone else but he was trying so hard to do it on his own. She adored her son. The love she had for him was endless. She couldn't wait to see what he would grow into. Hopefully be president of the club one day. Harley has always wanted a family and she was finally getting one. The front door opening caught her attention and she got up and sprinted to the living room.
"where's my baby?" She cooed taking the car seat from her mother in law.
Gemma smiled as she watched her daughter in law interact with Abel.
"So you're pregnant?" Gemma asked sitting everything down as Harley made her way to the recliner with Abel.
"Yeah. I found out three weeks before the accident." Gemma cringed at hearing this
"Why would you put you and the baby in danger?" Gemma's blood boiled at the young woman for putting her soon to be grandchild life in danger.
"It was a spur of the moment decision Gemma." Harley noticed Gemma's anger
"You could have miscarried." Gemma's voice began to raise.
"But I didn't. I knew if i handled it well enough the pregnancy would be fine. The baby is fine. I am fine. YOU are fine." Harley's eyes pierced straight into Gemma's. Gemma didn't dare say anything word as Harley was rocking Abel to sleep. His head rested on her breast. She rocked the recliner and hummed a smooth tune.
"I don't have a good feeling about this retaliation Gemma." Harley said softly after realizing Abel was fast asleep.
"They'll come back. They always do." Gemma cocked
"Whatever you say" Harley sighed. She gently patted Abel's Butt and continued to rock the chair.
"Tara know you're pregnant?" Gemma asked her
"Yes." Gemma nodded
"What brought it out of you to tell the crew?" Gemma asked her
Harley turned her head towards the woman.
"Walked in on Jax with another woman." Harley stated with a cold tone and Gemma snorted
"He's so stupid" Gemma held a hand to her head.
"I beat the shit out of her" Harley giggled softly
"I figured you did" Gemma sent her a smile
"He said something about me not sleeping with him and some bullshit about being an old lady. So I told him why I wasn't sleeping with him." Harley said to Gemma
"What did he say?"
"He almost fell on his ass. Chibs or someone caught him before he hit the floor." Harley snickered