Vegeta X (Human) Reader {pt.4}

Thank you so much to MiceRekei for the unconditional love and support of my book! I hope that you enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to vote and share! That really goes a long way!

_____________________________

(Y/n) had wandered out of the room where she had left me, so I'm stuck with my own thoughts. Where my partner Nappa went, I am at a loss, but I don't care much to begin with. He was always a drifter; Sooner or later that lug will find his way to me, whether he wants to or not. In this moment, I stand next to an open window where the oddly shaped couch is to my left side. I have no intention of living with this woman. What we did and what she knows is beyond the point, but I don't want to bother with the mundane addressment of this planet and its inhabitants. My mind is racing, thinking of plan after plan, none of them working out right in my head.

"Vegeta," my thoughts are interuppted, "you seriously gotta check out this place." I hear Nappa gawking at something from down one of the hallways, his raised voice echoing off the metal surfaces. With a scoff, I kick off my fixed position on the ground and try to track down my partner. It doesn't take long, but I'm unaware of what he's looking at. It's in a picture frame, though because of the distance and angle, I cannot yet see it. "I think this is (Y/n)'s signiture. Do you think she wrote this?" Once I get there, I see that it's a blue-tinted paper with a dark blue border. The top says 'Congratulations!' in fancy font.

"Maybe she won something." I infer, not really taking much interest to the topic in the first place. Nappa seems fixed on the small text, squinting as he gets closer and closer to the glass frame.

A feminine voice comes from just down the hallway. "Oh, are you guys looking at that old thing?" It was (Y/n)'s voice. Nappa and I turned our heads, seeing that the woman had changed her clothing into something more casual. Sweatpants hug her waist, and a baggy long-sleeved shirt covers her top half. In her left hand, she holds two blue bags filled with clothing.

"What is it?" Nappa asks, looking back at the frame. I, however, have my gaze fixed on the woman.

She doesn't seem to notice. "It's my high school diploma. I don't know if you know this, but when you pass a certain level of education, otherwise known as high school, you get this hunk-o-junk and a handshake." Her words come out exhausted. "Next week, I'm off to Michigan Tech, so I can go to school for a few more years." Casually, she pops her hands into her pockets, the bag handles resting on her wrist as she slouches her back slightly.

The larger Saiyan nods his head and smiles. "Well, congrats. What's Michigan Tech?" He asks for the both of us.

"It's a college that accepted me. I get to go there and study (topic), because I enjoy it and am pretty good at it." (Y/n) shrugs her shoulders, sighing and looking at the frame. The look in her eyes tells of sadness, hurt, and other pessimistic emotions.

Soon, we drift away from the frame and off into the maze of hallways this woman calls her home. As she's talking, Nappa asks about the bags she's carrying. Her hand comes to her forehead with a satisfying slap. "I totally forgot I was carrying these. These are for you two; it's more human-looking clothing. I don't know your sizes, so I had to estimate." She hands a bag to each of us, and directs us to a bathroom and spare bedroom.

I enter the bathroom, quickly opening the bag and am kind of satisfied with the clothing she chose for me. My body is soon exposed, bare as I toss my suit and undersuit to the floor. The shirt is tight, but not uncomfortable. A navy blue button-up polo covers my tosro, complimenting my muscles and body shape. The pants look funky, a sort of rough matieral, denim, maybe. Luckily, there is a full-body mirror on the bathroom door, and I eye myself up and down. I don't remember the last time I wore something other than armor or a spandex suit. The thought makes me feel slightly uncomfortable in the clothing, but I decide to stick it out and come out of the bathroom. I leave the armor in there, like (Y/n) had instructed us to do.