Chapter 11 (47) - Stanley & Stanford

The force pushed Dipper, Stan and Soos to the opposite wall of the portal, you held on to the staff not letting go. You saw Mabel preparing to press the button.

"I wanted to say that you're gonna hear some bad things about me, and some of them are true, but trust me. Everything I've worked for, everything I care about, it's all for this family!" Stan said, he was pinned to the wall.

"Mabel, what if he's lying? This thing could destroy the universe! Listen to your head!" Dipper shouted.

"Look into my eyes, Mabel! You really think I'm a bad guy?" Stan asked Mabel desperately.

"He's lying! Shut it down NOW!" Dipper shouted again.

"Mabel, please!" Stan pleaded.

It was like watching the angel and the devil arguing, but the question was who's the angel and who's the devil.

Mabel looked at you for help.

"Mabel, do what you think is right." you only said, you didn't want to make you choice even harder.

"Ten. Nine." The computer announced.

Looking away, Mabel lowered her hand to the button and looked at Stan, "Grunkle Stan..."

"Six. Five." the computer counted.

Mabel lifted her hands saying three words that changed everything, "I trust you." Mabel lets go of the lever and floated into the air.

"MABEL, ARE YOU CRAZY?! WE'RE ALL GONNA-" Dipper yelled but was cut of.

"One." you heard the computer counted to the last second.

A bright white light blinded all of you, you closed your eyes shut, using your hands as shield against the blinding light. You held onto the staff tighter as you felt gravity coming back and pulling you to the ground.

You slide yourself to the ground, then shortening your staff. You opened your eyes again, seeing the room in a mess, you saw that the twins were still fine. You looked to the portal and out came a figure.

The figure stood there as the blue light fades behind him. He walks forward, placing a six-fingered hand on the cover of the first journal, then picks it up and places it into the inside pocket of a long, dark coat.

"Six fingers..." you noticed.

"What...? Who is that?" Dipper asked as he shook his head.

"The author of the journals..." Stan said, staring at the man. The figure pulls off the goggles and scarf that covered his face. "...my brother."

You grasped. "It's him! He's the one the shapeshifter was talking about! Gone for 30 years, but Stan was here, he has the same face as the author which explains it because they're twins. The shapeshifter mistook Stan for the author because of the face. It all makes sense now!"

"Is this the part where one of us faints?" Mabel asked.

"Ohoho, I am so on it, dude." Soos said then immediately faints, falling to the ground.

~Timeskip~

"Finally! After all these long years of waiting, you're actually here! Brother!" Stan cheered then tried to hug his brother, but ended up being punched in the face. "Oh! Ow! What the heck was that for?!"

"Oh...that has got to hurt." you thought.

"This was an insanely risky move, restarting the portal! Didn't you read my warnings?!" the author shouted at Stan.

"Warnings, schmarnings. How's about maybe a thanks for saving you from what appears to be, I don't know, some kind of sci-fi sideburn dimension?" Stan grunted.