Five: Kyoto Time

(Five)

(Five)

(Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Chapter 15 and 16/S1 E7)

------------------------

It was Thursday evening; the night before the trip to Kyoto. At the Junpei residence, Hinata was lying face down on Fumiko's bed. She was wearing a green zipup hoodie with a red shirt underneath along with a pair of simple blue jeans; while the pink-haired doe wore a rainbow-striped t-shirt and light grey high-waisted button shorts. Hinata extended her hand out for Fumiko to paint her nails.

"Again, thanks for inviting me to dinner," the former said. Fumiko has made fettuccine alfredo with shrimp for supper, initially just for her and her dad. She realized that the amount she cooked was enough for three people to eat instead of two, so she invited her friend over to help them eat the leftovers.

"Of course, Hinata-Chan," she hummed sweetly before going back to painting a sky blue color on one of Hinata's finger.

"Hmm, throughout dinner and even when we're alone now, you seem quiet and calm. Normally, you're always bubbly around me," the short-haired girl noted. She then tilted her head to the side to see how her best friend was looking. She noticed how glossy Fumiko's chocolate eyes were. She also saw how rosy her cheeks were. She pursed her lips. She knew how she looked whenever she was daydreaming about her crush. "Are you thinking about Sugaya again, Miko?" Hinata asked.

"Huh?" Fumiko babbled, snapping out of her trance, causing her to accidently paint the corners around the other's thumb.

"I was asking if you were thinking about Sugaya again," the brunette laughed.

The pink-haired ditz shook her head and sighed. Not a dreamy sigh, but a frustrated one.

"Is everything okay?" Hinata asked, her dry hand reaching out for a cotton ball to get rid of the extra paint from the corners of her thumb.

"It's complicated," Fumiko huffed. She then looked up at her friend. "Hinata-Chan, I think I'm falling for someone else, but I'm not sure," she looked down, blushing.

"Do tell," she nodded.

"The thing is that I still have feelings for Sugaya-Kun. I still blush and grin whenever he's around. But this guy. He's so different from him," she began to explain, cupping her cheeks with her hands. "He's always calling me 'Bambi' instead of my real name. He's always pulling at my pigtails and laughing about it. He does everything he can to annoy me. He's sneaky and obnoxious. Yet everytime he comes around, my heart begins to flutter rapidly. I begin to blush and sweat, just like how I am around Sugaya-Kun. I dislike him, but at the same time, I kinda want to get to know him."

A long pause was followed afterwards between the girls. The silence was finally broken when Hinata's jaw drop and her eyes widened. "Miko, don't tell me you like Karma!" she almost screamed in fear.