Forever Apart

A few days later, the stalker Mr. I was found to be Infinite. He was arrested by the FBI 3 days later to never be seen again.

Sonic and Blart were holding hands on the couch by the fireplace in their living room. Music was playing in the background. They were listening to Ghost Pumpkin Soup...for Pumpkin Hill, from Sonic's classic game Sonic Adventure 2. The music was interrupted by a radio ad.

"My name is Soft Paws. I welcome you to come visit the Emerald City Carnival, right outside the central mall. Only happens once a year. Come visit me."

"That sounds like a fun, romantic, and interesting occasion, ey Blart?" Sonic says.

"O-oh. Ok I guess..." mutters Blart

"Whats wrong? You scared?" says Sonic jokingly

"Kind of...I may not look it but I'm very s-s-scared of heights..." stammers Blart

"But you saved the mall. Didn't you go on the roof?" Sonic exclaims

"W-Well...it scared me so much that I kinda developed a fear of heights..." Blart says quietly

"Well...we don't have to go on those rides if you're scared." Sonic whispers into Blart's ear.

They get into Blart's Chevy and drive off, while the warm feeling of Sonic's breath lingers in Blart's ear. They walk into the amusement park and feel marveled at the huge roller coasters and rides. Feeling super curious all of the sudden, they begin sneaking around the park. They look into employee only zones, and walk into do not enter areas.

One unambiguous room seemed very curious. They waited outside the backdoor of this room, in the dark. Unseen. Silent they crouched, hands holding.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure walked into the unambiguous room. He too is sneaking into the room with a heart to be bounded, but is not recognizable. They watch him and wait.

Silence. Dark, cold, ugly silence. They wait for something to happen, but nothing does. Sonic coughs, giving away his position.

"What!? Who is there?!" yells the figure

Gunshots fly over their heads. There was nothing but chaos for a few seconds. Bright flashes of pure fear, and nothing to be heard but pain, just like how it hurts to fall in love, just like the two.

"Damn!", the figure yelled out.

As the smoke disperses, the two find that they were ok. For a moment. Blart gets shot in the heart. Sudden shock. Silence. Dark, cold, ugly silence. Blart was dead. Sonic suddenly felt his heart break into two. Sonic's upset-fullness takes him over and he launches toward Shadow. He spin dashes right into Shadow's chest.

Shadow, shocked, decides to fight back. He grabs his assault gun and shoots fast bullets at Sonic. Sonic, in his rage and sadness, takes a bullet in the shoulder but does not feel it. The bullets dashed by his head while his tears trailed behind him in a mist. He launches up and nails Shadow again, but this time using a drop dash, which dislocated Shadow's spine. Shadow fell back, screaming, as Sonic rushed over. His emotions are trapped between despair for Blart, anger toward Shadow, and little regret for seeing his old friend in such pain. Never the less Sonic's eyes turned fiery red. Blood started to seep from his mouth as he hovered over Shadow. Suddenly, Sonic crushes Shadow's head into the concrete. Crunch! Snap!

Shadow fades into the darkness behind them...

Sonic fell to the floor. In Shock. Pain. And Silence. Dark, cold ugly silence. Sonic felt a sudden rush of blood to his head, and he passed out.

Darkness. Sonic felt nothing, but dreaming of Blart still with him. Maybe it was true.

...

"Sonic. SONIC! WAKE UP FOR DAMN SAKE!"

Sonic's eyes open. He was awake. Shadow was shaking him awake. He hasn't moved anywhere, but the darkness lifted. He was in a secret laboratory.

"B-but you're dead?" Sonic stutters.

"No, Sonic." says Shadow.

Sonic launches himself upward, but he realized he was handcuffed.

"Why am I handcuffed?" Sonic exclaims.

"You know exactly why! You were working with an evil mastermind?" Shadow accuses.

"Blart? No offence sir, but Blart isn't nothing more than a box of chiseled rocks." Sonic says

"Wait! Blart? DAMN IT! I must've gotten the wrong person." Shadow yells. "I need to find the real perpetrator!"

"How can I help?" says Sonic.

"First, we need to save Blart. I feel like he's connected with all of this!" Shadow speculates.

Suddenly Shadow pulls out a Chaos Emerald from his pants, and hands it to Sonic.

"Here. Let's cross chaos control to turn back time and save him!" Shadow bellows.

Sonic felt part of his heart come back together. He realized that Blart could fix the hole inside of him. He hated that silence. That dark, cold ugly silence. He could almost see the light.

The 2 grab each others arms and cross them. Energy soared around them. The silence was gone and power surged through them. The two, with all the power in the world, screamed out "CHAOS CONTROL!!"

Poof.

Silence. Dark, cold ugly silence.

A hole in space time appears.

Sonic jumps in. He no longer felt the arm around him. He looked back and saw Shadow. Standing there. Alone. Shadow gives him a quick smirk.

"Good luck Sonic." Shadow says.

Sonic nods with understanding.

Quietness. Not quite silence. Not quite dark, cold, or ugly, but hopeful.

Sonic wakes up in his bed. He looks outside the window, and sees a figure. A familiar figure.

"H-Hello?" Sonic asks

The figure disappears. He clears his eyes to make sure it was gone. It was gone.

TO BE CONTINUED...