Just friends

You, Andy, Felix and Sam sat on the wall of the skateboard park waiting for Jake to arrive with news that he said he has.

All of you know each other from the beginning of high school and in group together every where you went, most places.

You have never been so happy in your life after you last best friend did something horrible that is worth not forgiving.

Then a blond hair caught your eyes, Jake walks towards all of you and smile.

"So, what's this big news?" Sam air quote and smiles.

Andy hits his arm.

You all waited on a smiling Jake to say the news he has.

"I got tickets for all of us to go to a vocational event in Paris" his smile got larger and you scream in joy and the boys cheer and fist bump each other.

Jake hands out the tickets "there's a extra one there Jakey" you said.

"Ah, yes my girlfriend is coming too"

The words played slowly in you head and repeat over and over again until you finally get it.

"Your girl friend? I didn't know you had a girl friend Jake"

"I told the boys"

"But I'm not one of the boys, I'm your friend too, I deserve to know also".

"I know but we don't talk about those stuff"

"Its okay, I'm happy for you" no you are not, although Jake is one of your friends, it doesn't stop your feelings from rising.

"I just got a text from my mom, she said that we are going to look for my Nana in the hospital tomorrow and spend the next two week at my aunt, so I guess I won't get to come, next year then"

You definitely lied to yourself and to your friends there but how can you go somewhere with Jake with the feeling toddling along knowing he now has a girl friend.

"See you guys soon" you move to walk off

"Yo, y/n wait up I'm hungry so I'm coming over" Sam said and hook both yours and his hands together.

When you reach home you made Sam a sandwich

"What's up with you and your excuses?" He said and take a bite out of his sandwich.

"What are you talking about?"

"Lying about going to visit you Nana in the hospital and visiting your aunt for the next two week, smooth, you can not lie I can see right through you little white lies y/n, I know you and I know you like Jake"

"What are you talking about, I do not"

"I could tell by your reaction when he said he was bringing his girl friend"

"We are just friends, I like him as my friend"

"Hmm, but you are going on that trip"

"I have home work"

"School is on break y/n, just go to the event please"

"Fine"

You text the guys that there is a change of plan and that you are going.

The next day you walk over to Jake house two house away from yours and see him packing the bags and suit cases in the car.

You walk up to him and look around "so, where is your girl friend?"

He looks up and smile "you took me seriously?"

"What?"

He laughs and shake his head "I don't have a girl friend y/n and if I did I would tell you first, if I ever have a girl friend there will always be one person on my mind so I can not have another girl except the one I love".

"Then why don't you be with the girl you love?"

"Because I don't know if she loves me back"

"You won't know if you don't try"

He place his hands in both of his Jean's pocket and sighs "I'm afraid of rejection"

"Wanna test it out on my and I will tell you if its okay or not"

He nods "I know this sounds cliche but the first time I saw you it was love at first sight and that love for you keep getting strong and I can not help myself from falling deeply in love with you, you are so irresistible and my body, mind and soul yearns for you, would you like to be my girl friend?"

"Wow, I think I have tears in my eyes, yes I approve you should ask her"

He smiles "I just did"

You look at him and look if anyone is behind you, he laughs "y/n would you make me the luckiest and happiest man in this community and world and be my girl friend?"

"Yes!" You laugh and hug him tightly.

"Wait, what about the other ticket?"

"Someone asked me to get one for them too"

"Oh, so it's just us?"

"Yes just us, the guys are watching though"

"I know, I can hear Sam eating"

You both laugh, this is the happiest moment in your life.