Chapter 15

"It's okay," I whispered as I hugged him back. "W-What happened?" I asked, looking at the horrible features of his face and body.

"I... I got mad... since I thought that I... killed you... and did this..." He stopped in between every few words to take a breath. I felt his heart beat against my chest. It was beating so fast, I didn't even know that it was possible.

"But, you didn't have to do... this..." I looked at him once more. It was horrifying. And that was saying a lot, considering all that I've been through and seen the past few days.

"Yes, I did. I'm sure a lot of people would hurt themselves over someone that they loved..." A couple people went "aww" and some just sat there, emotionless. Haven't they ever been loved?

BEN walked out of the room, immediately followed by another boy with a mask around only his face. They both seemed to be... crying? I didn't know the boy with the mask, but... BEN? Why was he crying?

I decided to just shake it off. I didn't want to think about anyone or anything besides Jeff right now.

"Do you want to go clean yourself up?" I laughed.

"I'd rather just stay here with you," he whispered. He pulled me in for yet another hug. And even though we'd been hugging for at least 5 minutes, I never wanted to let go...