Chapter 28

Pinkamena and I headed out the large double doors of the SlenderMansion. I thought it was kind of werid that she was coming with me when Slenderman specifically wanted me to go alone, but I decided not to think anything of it. Besides, it's not like Pinkamena and I didn't get along or anything. She was a great friend, even with her constant extreme mood swings.

We walked to the elevator, pressing the up bottom when we arrived. The elevator door opened, and we both entered. The elevator had always made me paranoid, the way it creaked with every move.

The elevator finally arrived at our destination, and I quickly walked off. We walked to the house, which was only 5 minutes away. "Now, remember. I have to do this on my own. You can't come inside with me," I told Pinkamena.

"Okie dokie lokie!" she exclaimed happily.

"Alright... wish me luck." I approached the front porch and checked the door. Locked. Why wouldn't it be?

I walked over to the small backyard and checked the back door. Locked. Same as all of the windows. I had to think of a plan, and quick. During my last assignment, one of the windows were open, allowing me easy access.  But not this time.

I returned to the back door, seeing if I could pick the lock. After several attempts, I gave up. "Who am I kidding? I've never picked a lock in my life," I sighed to myself. I guess I would have to break a window.

I walked to the side of the house and saw the basement lights glowing through the tiny windows. I could fit through there. It probably would make any noise, either.

I found a medium-sized, jagged rock hidden in the bushes. I picked it up and threw it at the small window. It shattered, but made a louder noise than I expected, but it was nothing that would alarm anyone upstairs or the neighbors.

I crawled in through the window, landing with a thud on the couch under me. I got up and looked around, making sure no one was downstairs. No one saw me this time.

I walked up the creaking steps and opened the door ever-so-slowly. Luckily, it didn't creak.

There was no one in the living room and no one in the kitchen. Might as well grab a knife while I'm here. I took a knife from the knife holder on the kitchen counter. I tightly gripped the red and silver handle and looked at my reflection in it. I saw a face of determination. It was written all over my face and engraved into my eyes. This time, I would be stealthy. I wouldn't get caught. In and out, just like that.

I snuck over to a white door and opened it slowly, peeking in. Just the bathroom. I walked over to the door next to it. Slowly opening it, I found that it was a bedroom. I opened the door just enough for me to walk in. There, I saw to bodies, chests rising and falling in perfect sync. They were fast asleep.

As I approached the bed, knife at the ready, a high-pitched, short shreik escaped from the other side of the room. I quickly looked over, my eyes adjusting to the light quickly. It was a baby. It must have been awake. There's no way it could have heard me.

It started to cry, and one of the bodies arose from the bed, followed by another. A tall female stood from the bed and walked to the baby crib. I hid in an open closet next to me. The woman walked over to a lightswitch and flipped it up. A terrified yell escaped the man still in bed. He noticed me.

"Who the Hell are you?" he yelled. "Get out of my fucking house!"

I just stood there, motionless. Only one word could describe how I felt right now. Hate.