Chapter 12

Third Person POV

"So?" Jeff said quietly.

"I... I'm sorry..." Dr. Smiley said as he covered Jinx with a black blanket.

"No... No, I... I can't believe I did this! I'm such an idiot!" He yelled, breaking down to his knees. "Why couldn't it have been me?!"

"Jeff, you know that our kind can't die. That's just the way it is. I, too, am truly devastated."

"No! It's all your fault, Slenderman! If it weren't for you, I never would have gotten mad and..." he suddenly got quieter. He relived the moment, when he realized what he'd done. "And did this..."

"I... I didn't know that this was my fault. I'm very sorry," Slenderman said with sympathy.

"I didn't even know her an I feel like I'm about to cry," Ticci Toby said, saddened to see one of his close friends devastated.

Ben walked up to Jeff for the first time in months, and said, "I'm sorry about Jinx. I heard her talking to Slender about you and her, and about how she needed to see you. I wish I would've... n- nevermind."

"No, what were you gonna say?" Jeff and BEN were the only ones in the room now, along with Jinx's corpse.

"It's... its nothing."

"BEN... I know you more than anyone else here, and I know that what you were about to say was very important, and could possibly fix our friendship..." (Damn, Jeff gets deep when he gets sad... Not to be taken sexually xD)

"Well, I was just gonna say that..." he paused and looked up at Jeff. "I wish I would've treated you better." The words shot out of BEN's mouth, and he had no control over them. Jeff looked at him, blushing a light shade of pink.

Jeff's POV

"I... uh..." I was speechless. This whole time I thought that he hated me when, really... he missed me?

No, there's too much going on right now for me to be thinking about him. Besides, I was still too heart broken from me murdering Jinx. The word sounded so pleasant in my head, but when I was talking about Jinx... I felt like more of a monster than I already was...

BEN looked up at me, waiting for a response. "BEN, listen. I feel the same way, but I just can't... I can't take any more of this!" I ran outside, letting my feet take me as far as I could. I was running for hours when finally, I stopped. Where was I? This place is completely new to me.

I walked around some more and found a small house in the middle of nowhere. There were no trees or other houses or even any grass around the house. Like it was... floating, almost. I walked closer, seeing a little girl with black hair being carried by her mother. Her father walked alongside them, not seeming to be interested in anything.

"Where are we going, Mommy?" the little girl asked as she was put into the car.

"Were going to your new home. Mommy and Daddy can't take care of you anymore. We love you, though. That'll never change," the woman said with sympathy. It seemed like she didn't care, either. Like it didn't matter to her that she was getting rid of her own child!

She closed the car door and got in with her husband, and they drove off. I tried chasing them, but I was too slow. I wonder... who was that girl? Her face looked like someone I knew...