Seventeen - "Oh, darling, there's so much more to go."

Library Love Diaries

Seventeen — “Oh, darling, there’s so much more to go.”

Justin

“What do all of your tattoos mean Justin?” Rosalie asked me, once again. I was mesmerized by her, truly so that’s the reason Rosalie had to repeat herself.

“My tattoos?” I asked looking at her and she merely nodded her head in response to my question.

“In totality I have like 15 tattoos,” I started which made Rosalie to widen her eyes. I was amused by her reaction.

“You..really..have…15, wow!” She was now mumbling and I could see that smile on her face. “I surely do.” I added with a smile.

“I’m so excited to hear the story about all of them.” She beamed in excitement and her eyes did too. I could look in her eyes every day and I wouldn’t even get tired.

I chuckled lightly at her reaction. “So, first, would be the owl tattoo.” I said and showed the tattoo which was on my left arm.

“This looks interesting. So what’s the deal behind this tattoo?” She looked at the tattoo and then looked at me while asking me the question.

“This is the tattoo I got after two weeks I got the ‘believe’ tattoo. After I had gotten ‘believe’, I wanted another tattoo to be inked, so I did my research. An owl basically represents wisdom and I really did like the meaning behind it, so I got it. I always want to get these meaningful tattoos and this one surely was.” I smiled telling her the actual meanings behind the tattoos that were inked on my body.

Rosalie was clearly amazed by listening the theories behind my tattoos. “This is so amazing.” She smiled brightly.

“And then we go to one of my favorite tattoo which is the year ‘1975’ written in roman numerals just below my right collarbone. It’s my mom’s birth year, so I thought I would get a tattoo dedicated to her.” I smirked looking at Rosalie.

“I like that,” She said. “Man, did it hurt out there.”

“But I guess it was worth it. Wasn’t it?” Rosalie looked at me. “Yes, it surely was. Mom liked it but scolded me too.” I laughed and she joined in.

The 1975 tattoo was written in black bold roman numerals.

I IX VII V

“What’s next?” Rosalie asked cheerfully. No one has, I mean it, no one has gotten so interested knowing the meanings behind the tattoos I had got. This girl was surely something and I loved it.

“Since I’m a Christian, I thought of getting tattoo related to it. The ‘X’ tattoo.” I said and showed the tattoo which was located right next to my owl tattoo. “’X’ is a symbol for Christ in Greek,” I explained while Rosalie was nodding her head listening to me and staring at the large giant ‘X’ tattoo located on my left forearm.

“This is just….wow!” She was looking at them in awe and then smiling at me.

“Oh, darling, there’s so much more to go.” I smirked and instantly blushed in embarrassment when I had realized what I had said.

I looked at Rosalie who was busy looking at the tattoos inked on my arm, so it was kind of good that she hadn’t heard me yet.

“You said something?” Rosalie asked looking at me and I just shrugged it off.

“The next is one of my favorites, it’s the Koi Fish. In tattoo culture, a koi fish can symbolize everything from “LUCK” to courage to perseverance in adversity.” I explained and Rosalie instantly looked at the tattoo.

“I like this one too.” She confessed while looking at me smiling.

“Your tattoos are amazing, Justin.” Rosalie complemented. “I like how there is a meaning behind every tattoo that you have got inked on your body. Also, I like how you didn’t get tattoos just to look ‘cool’ and get meaningless tattoos.”

“You know how some people just want to look cool and badass so that they can fit in.” She rolled her eyes. “Yeah I do know that.” I chucked lightly.

“Hey, what does this ‘eye ball’ mean for?” Rosalie asked curious as she glanced over the eye ball tattoo.

“The eye ball symbolizes a lot of things. For me, it was just like my mother watching over, kind of like a protective thing. It’s totally from mama. I and my tattoo artist were talking about how we both have tattoos for our mothers and how it’s something I’ll never regret and so will he.” I smiled.

This was basically my favorite.

“I gotta say that this is the cutest thing ever and this totally has to be my favorite of your tattoos.” Rosalie smiled gently.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her and she once again returned the smile at me. Gosh, I did love her smile so much. It was like a bright ray of sunshine in my world.

I’m seriously turning cheesy.

Oh dear lord.

“The next one is the ‘patience’ tattoo which is behind my ear. This tattoo was hard to get but I managed to get it. The meaning of patience is obvious and it meant a lot to me.” I explained and she was listening carefully.

“This one is nice.” She commented.

I merely nodded my head and smiled.

“The next one and the also one of the most important tattoo to me is this Japanese Kanji symbol tattoo which means ‘music’. This tattoo means a lot to me,” I said and then smiled at her.

“Justin, do you play, you know instruments or sing?” She asked, kind of nervous.

“As a matter of fact, I do.” All of my friends knew about the passion I had for singing and playing instruments like guitar and piano.

“Wow, this is truly amazing and perfect.” Rosalie gleamed. “There’s so much of you and I am curious to know.” She admitted.

I was in awe.

“Justin.” She fiddled with her hands.

“Yeah?” I asked, looking at her.

“Can I sometime hear you singing? Or maybe playing an instrument that you love to play?” She asked.

For the first time, any girl has taken an interest in my passion except for my friends. Girls that I have dated till now have just come for sex or something else.

“Um, sure.” I said. To be honest, I was kind of scared – no not kind of, I was definitely very much scared. I mean what if Rosalie doesn’t like it.

“I’d love that.” She smiled.

Did I mention before that her smile is to die for? I guess I’m falling for her and I got no regrets.

--

Chapter Seventeen Guys!

Hope y’all liked it :)

Belated Happy Birthday @bizzlesgrande. I hope you had an amazing birthday. I was supposed to update this on her birthday as a surprise to her which was on September 3rd but due to some difficulties I couldn’t. Sorry :( But I really hope you had an amazing birthday and you’re amazing girl! :)

Btw, what’s your favorite tattoo of Justin? Mine surely is the ‘crown’ tattoo idk I just love that tattoo lol

Thanks for reading!

Twitter: @deeplyjustins

-Masumi