Twelve - "So, do you like Superman or Batman or Spiderman or Iron Man?"

Library Love Diaries

Twelve – “So, do you like Superman or Batman or Spiderman or Iron Man?”

Rosalie

I was literally counting down time since I started having dinner with my parent’s and my nosy brother. As far as my calculation, it has been 25 minutes and 37 seconds since I started eating my dinner and also texting with him.

No wonder I am a math student and got A.

Rosalie stop being so cocky.

My subconscious scolded me and I rolled my eyes and looked awkwardly at my phone and it showed,

1 New Message

Of course it had to be Justin.

Silently and carefully, I unlock my phone and open the new message that I had received.

From: Justin

Message: Um, Rosalie, if you don’t mind, can I ask you something personal? Only if you’re okay with it.

I choked.

Coughing like crazy, I managed to grab a glass of water and drink it. My mom was patting my back and my dad and my brother were looking at me like I was an alien or something.

“Are you okay?” Mom asked still rubbing my back. “Yeah, yeah, I am fine.” I managed to reply my mother.

Honestly, all of this was so awkward.

“I think I’m done with the dinner.” I quickly got up with the plate in my hand and my phone in my pocket. Putting my plate in the kitchen sink, I passed through the dining table and saw my parent’s puzzled looks and my brother’s ‘I know what’s going’ look and him smirking.

Ignoring all of their looks that they were giving me, I yelled a ‘good night’ to them and entered my bedroom. I quickly closed the door behind me and locked it.

Lying on my bed, I unlocked my phone by putting in my password and re-read the message again. I am surely curious to know what he was about to ask me, that too something personal.

To: Justin

Message: Yeah, sure.

I replied.

A few minutes later my phone buzzed that only meant that Justin’s message had arrived.

From: Justin

Message: Did you ever, like you know, have a boyfriend?

Oh.

I would rather talk something about something else rather than talking about this topic.

But for now, what was I supposed to reply? I couldn’t be rude or straight forward to him. I wasn’t comfortable yet.

To: Justin

Message: Um, can we talk about something else?

That was the only polite way I could think of replying to him.

In a matter of seconds, Justin’s reply came and my phone buzzed because of it. Quickly opening the message, I read it.

From: Justin

Message: Yeah sure. I’m sorry if I got a bit too personal.

Now I felt a little guilty.