Gajeel X Reader

"Y/N you should still try to be at least friends with him," Levy whispered. The Fairy Tail
Guild's members have some what accepted Gajeel being a part of the guild but there are still a few who are completely against him being there. One of those members being Y/N L/N. She was the one to find Team Shadow Gear after they were brutally beaten by Gajeel Redfox. Y/N balled her fist slamming the table slightly.

"Why the hell should I and why are you?" She spat looking over at Gajeel across the guild.

"Listen we are not happy with it either but he's in the guild like it or not." Jet crosses his arms leaning against the wall. Y/N snarled standing up and stomped out of the guild.

"What morons, he shouldn't be in our damn guild." She mumbled before freezing in her steps. "I left my bag!" Y/N turned around heading back towards the guild doors. Unprepared for what was going to happen her body ran into what felt like a strong board. Her body stumbled back. She looked forward seeing that it was Gajeel and glared.

"You," He scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Outta my way," Y/N grabbed his collar pulling him back before he walked off. She poked his chest.

"Hold on, I just need you to answer me on one thing." Y/N crossed her arms. "Why the hell are you really here? Sure ya need a job whatever but why here after what you did to our guild and to my friends thinking that we ever would accept you?" She spat. Gajeel looked at her with no expression.

"Old man says I could be better, do better, so I'm here with you annoying bunch to do that but it ain't gonna work so don't worry I won't be here much longer." Y/N rolled her eyes as he began to walk away.

"Then leave now, what makes you so sure it won't work, that you could possibly have a heart and heaven forbid even care about someone other than yourself." Gajeel froze looking back at her.

"Would ya stay in a place where you can never be accepted?" Y/N's face falls. "Don't think I cant hear ya across the guild, I know I'm scum, I know I hurt your friends, and I know that I'm a self centered prick I don't need ya to be yelling about it constantly and trying to get me kicked out. Now move, Ive got better things to do with my time than talk to you." Y/N stood in shock watching Gajeel walk away from her. Her eyes averted to her black Fairy Tail emblem that was placed just below the inside of her elbow on her forearm. She sighed shaking her head.

"Not very Fairy Tail of you Y/N," She whispered to herself sulking home.

A couple days later as Y/N was heading to the guild she could hear near by yelling.

"Gajeel?" She mumbled walking between some trees and gasped. Jet and Droy were sending constant attacks to Gajeel. Y/B frowned watching them. "He's not even fighting back," Just as Y/N was going to step forward she froze seeing Laxus now joining in.

"GAH!" Gajeel yelled in pain as Laxus attacked him. Y/N watched from affair with wide eyes. She began to sprint forward.

"You gotta pay for what you did!!" Laxus cackled. He sent another lightning attack towards Gajeel.

"AHHH!!" Everybody gasped hearing the change of voice. The dust cleared revealing Y/N standing there weak with her back facing Laxus    She weakly opened her eyes looking at Gajeel who was staring up at her in shock. Her body stumbled as she turned to Laxus. "That's enough Laxus," Laxus chuckled.

"This guy has gotta be taught a lesson and needs to be kicked out!" Y/N balled her fist.

"He's a part of our guild which means he's apart of our Fairy Tail family! We all are joined with this guild with open arms he shouldn't be any different!" Laxus growled at Y/N as she glared at him.

"Pfff, this guy has ruined our name. I'm teaching him a lesson move out of the way before I make you." Laxus threatened powering up a lightning attack. Knowing she was not match for his strength Y/N didn't bother to set up a blocking attack. Instead she put her back to Laxus wrapping her arms around Gajeels neck. Gajeel still was frozen by Y/N's movements.

"No! He deserves to stay in this guild just as much if not more than you!" His eyes widened. "Gajeel gets the same chance we all did to be accepted whether you like it or not! SO BACK OFF!"

"I'm not taking orders from you!!!" Just as Laxus shot more lightning Gajeel tightly wrapped his arm around Y/N's waist and used the other to block Laxus's attack. Y/N's eyes widened still holding on to Gajeel tightly. Laxus grumbled seeing his attack have no affect.

"Whatever losers," He spat walking away. Gajeel and Y/N released each other. She stood up holding her hand out to help him stand. He willingly took it letting her help him up. Levy and her team apologized to Gajeel and went off on their own. Y/N stood in front of Gajeel looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry," She whispered. "I never should treated you that way, no matter our pasts we're in the same guild now which means we're on the same team." Y/N smiled looking up at him. He blushed slightly. "I hope you'll give me another chance at a first impression, I swear I'm not that mean." Gajeel nodded still showing no emotion.

"Thanks, I'm still the same guy so don't expect any different treatment." Y/N puffed her cheeks annoyed as he walked past her. She followed after him now walking beside him.

"Hey! I thought we were like reintroducing ourselves!"

"You thought wrong." He simply replied. She jumped in front of him crossing her arms.

"Hey I took that attack for you the least you could do is reintroduce yourself." Gajeel looked her up and down annoyed.

"Fine. I'm Gajeel," She smiled waving her hands for more information.

"And?" He smirked slightly looking at her.

"And I think you're super annoying." He walked around her making her even more annoyed.

"Hey! You're not doing this right, don't make me regret standing up for you!" As the two bickered Gajeel could feel himself feeling more comfortable with his decision joining Fairy Tail already.

Months Later

"Gajeel what job are we taking?" Y/N shouted as she ran up to the job board standing beside him. He grumbled.

"Ya know you always say we as if we're some team you just like to bug me." Y/N chuckled grabbing one of the papers.

"Stop acting like you don't like me you're not fooling anyone anymore, now come on we gotta leave now since your lame ass can't tack the train." He grumbled following her out with his arms crossed.

"Shut up!"

"See if you didn't enjoy my company you wouldn't follow me out for our job!"

"Just stop bugging me already!" Levy smiled as the two walked out bickering.

"It seems she grew extremely comfortable with Gajeel being in Fairy Tail,"

"She loooovvessss him!" Happy yelled with a fish in his mouth.