Chapter X: Fight

Sal rushes inside as he hears Neil scream. His feet scurries through the maze, shifting through its twist and turns. A dead end welcomes him.

     "Shit!" He mumbles before calling out to his friend. "Neil, where are you?"

     He receives nothing but silence. His heart beating fast and loud against his chest. His throat going dry as idea of losing his friend flashes before him. Everyone would hate him if that happens. More importantly, he'll hate himself. 

    He stands in his spot, frozen, as he waits for a sign. Minutes passes by and he feels his hope fading away.

     'He's dead,' A voice nags in the back his head. 'You failed them.'

    "He's still alive," Sal argues. "I know he is!"

    'Think again.' The voice whispers. 

    As if by cue, Neil screams. The pain in his tone causes the blue-haired male to panic. He runs to the source of the sound. His legs pushing pass its normal capacity in order to reach his friend on time. As he arrives, he witnesses his friend on the ground. The killer looming over him as he lay in his own pool of blood.

    "Neil!" He gasps. 

    As his blue eyes meets the killer's, something inside him snaps.

    'Kill him.' The voice orders.

    Without hesitation, he runs up to him and ramming himself against the killer's chest. The masked man gasps as his back hits the wall. His breath is knock out by the force. Black spots blur his vision as Sal grips onto his hoodie. Pulling out the knife in his jacket, he presses it on the man's throat.

     "Any last words?" He smirks. The tone of his voice is deeper and menacing. As if it wasn't him who is speaking. "None? Alright."

     Pressing the knife's blade against the man's throat, a bubbling sensation fills inside him. A different form of excitement rushing through his veins. He licks his scarred lips in anticipation. One swift cut and he's dead.

     'Do it.' He hears the voice once more. 'Avenge Neil.'

    "Neil..." He mumbles as he glances over his shoulder. His unconscious friend is withering in his own pool of blood.

    Sal feels something inside him shift. His blue eyes gazes back at the killer wearing his prosthetic. The thought of him hurting everyone he cares about, angers him. Clenching his teeth, he ponders. He grips onto his knife as he weighs down his options: kill the enemy or save his friend? The answer is obvious. He place his knife back into his jacket before approaching his friend. He checks his pulse and finds relief as he feels it thump. Neil is alive but he won't last long if he loses more blood. Lifting him up, he leans him against the wall, across the killer. He uses his knife to cut one of his sleeves to serve as bandage for the wounds in his abdomen. As mend his friend, the killer awakens.

    Anger boils inside him as he sees his blue-haired enemy. He takes out his knife, he grabs him and swings. Sal is quick enough to react. He dodges his attack and pulls out his own weapon to respond. Soon, the two masked males are dancing through the sound of their knives clashing. Their movements are swift as they avoid every blow and swing their opponent gives. Attacking at every opening they see, finally, one of them can sink their weapon onto their enemy's flesh.

    The masked man wither in pain as Sal's knife digs into his shoulder blade. His eyes widen at the painful experience. The sight in front of him, sends shivers down his spine. A different kind of joy fills him.

    'Hurt him more!' The voice muses as a sadistic smile forms his lips.

    "I will," He grins as he takes out his knife and swings at the killer. The crimson red liquid oozes from the man's body, makes him lick his lips. He wants to see more.

     As he advances, the killer fights back. Swinging his weapon and cutting his opponent in the process. The sight of his victim's blood decorating his knife makes him smile. In one swift motion, he fight back. Their weapon continues to dance in the air as they wield it with such passion. Anger and blood lust seeping through their swings. Every attack more intense than the last.

     "It's that what you've got?!" Sal taunts. His breathing becomes unsteady from fatigue.

     The masked killer scoffs at his statement. Blood decorates them both as a result of their battle. Both are feeling weak from blood loss, but they will not back down. Not unless one of them surrenders, in which, in their thoughts, means death.

    Gripping onto his weapon, the masked killer lunges forward. Swinging reckless against his blue-haired opponent. Sal, quick on his feet, dodges every swing. As their pattern continues, the pair didn't notice Neil gaining consciousness. As he opens his eyes, his blurry vision readjusts to the surrounding. A gasp escapes his lips as his eyes widen at the crucial scene before him. The killer lays on the cold floor, struggling to escape Sal's grasp.

    The blue-haired male straddles him as they battle for the knife in-between them. Its tip pointing against his chest. Blood dripping on his hands as he holds a tight grip against it.

    "Sal?" Neil calls out. His voice cracking. The two masked men gazes at him. Sal's eyes widen in happiness. His friend is alive!

     Taking the momentary distraction, the killer flips his opponent over and throws a punch. Before the blue-haired male can react, he flees. He curses under his breath as he reevaluates his plan.

    Sal Fisher is no ordinary man. Their fight earlier was intense. His feet are swift and every blow he managed to avoid. His swings match the killer's, but the blade he holds, dripped in hatred. Slashing his way through the killer's plans. His hunger for vengeance reflects in his blue orbs. He isn't the same before. He's no longer a threat. He's an opponent.

    The killer curses under his breath. He rushes back to the room where he left [Name]. She's gone. Another profanity escapes his lips as he exits the maze. Hoping that the remaining of their group is complete.

    'I can still fix my plan.' He ponders as he regroups. Leaving behind Sal and Neil to the unknown.

    The blue-haired male curses under his breath as his face stings at the punch. His masks loosen at the attack. Neil's eyes widen at the sight. "Sal?"

    "Hey," Sal greets, removing his mask. "I'm glad you're alright."

    "Who...?"

    "Long story, bud." He approaches him. Lifting his friend up, he assists him in walking out. "For now, can you go out and call the authorities? Tell them a killer is on the loose."

    "What about our friends?"

    With a smile, he answers. "I'll save them."