Chapter II: Hope

"...Well?" [Name] faces the mirror, checking herself before glancing over her shoulder.

     Her ginger-haired friend is sitting by her bed, gazing at the said woman. Todd Morrison's black eyes traces every detail of her clothing, making him scoff. He pushes up his glasses. "[Name], it's Halloween. Shouldn't you be wearing something—I don't know—scary?"

     "C'mon, Todd." The [Hair Color]-haired woman rolls her eyes and crosses her arms in defense. "We've been through this for hours! We're going to a park, not a party."

     "So be it." Todd mimics her friend's action. "If Sal doesn't ask you out after this trip, blame your clothes."

     [Name]'s eyes widen in shock, her mouth agape at her friend's statement. "You did not bring that up!"

     He smirks, making his friend's face red in embarrassment. He knows mentioning his blue-haired friend would set fire to the girl's heart. She opens her mouth to defend herself but a knock interrupt.

     "Hey, we're running late. Everyone is waiting for us," Neil pipes in, his head peeking through the door. He glances at his smirking lover and his friend as he waits for a reply. He feels the tension between the two. "Did I enter in the wrong time or...?"

     Todd glances at [Name] then at his boyfriend. "Nope, we're ready."

     "No!" She shouts. Todd's taunting sentence still running in her mind. "I'll change my clothes first."

     Todd smiles in triumph before pushing Neil outside the room. As he closes the door, he teases her. "We'll meet you downstairs."

     As the door closes, the (H/C)-haired girl lets out a cry of frustration. Throwing herself onto her bed, she groans. Inviting Sal Fisher tonight is a huge risk for her. Ever since he left New Jersey, things weren't the same.

     She sighs. "I hope tonight won't turn into a nightmare."

     "That's lame, [Name]." The [Hair Color]-headed girl snap towards the door, pure shock evident on her face. Standing by the door is her best friend, Ashley Campbell.

     "Ashley!" She gasps, trapping the brunette into a tight hug. Ashley hugs her back with a smile on her lips.

     "Thank you so much for the tickets!" She squeals, unclasping from the hug.

     "It's your idea, silly." [Name] chuckles as her [Eye Color] eyes moves away from Ashley's. Wary fills in her chest as doubts starts to creep in. She looks over to the dress that Todd keeps on insisting she wear before taking it into her arms. She looks up to her and with a voice almost a whisper, she asks. "...Did they accept it?"

     The brunette looks at her best friend. She lets out a sigh. "[Name] ..."

      The said woman faces her friend and bitter memories of the two flashes in her eyes. Her chest aches as she shuts her eyes tight before bursting into tears.

     Ashley approaches her and pulls her into a hug. "We all know the past isn't easy to forget, but that doesn't mean it will stop you from creating new memories, [Name]."

     "I-I know... but..."

     "But what?" She cups her crying friend's face. "You manage to forgave me, and now look at us! We're BFFs."

     [Name] nods, sniffling in the process. She wipes her tears and lets out a giggle. "Thank you so much, Ash."

     "Hey, enjoy the night," The brunette pats her friend's back. "Alright?"