Chapter 27: prom

***not edited**

"Jace, the count of three." I state.

"Okay." He agrees instantly.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!!"

"ATTACK!!" He yells as he launches a fist full of moist mud my way.

I bolt up and run behind a tree. "Ash you go around and get them from behind, ill distract them!"

"Roger that!" He whisper yells before rushing off to his position.

I smirk as i spot Jace in the perfect spot for my attack.

I jolt up with mud in my hand making sure to hide it behind my back.

I smile sweetly at jace before walking slowly up to him.

"Hey baby, want to know a secret?" I ask as i wrap my free hand around his neck.

"Beatie what are you doing? Were on opposite teams! This game is serious!" Jace says clearly confused.

I smirk and lean in closer i open my mouth to say something but before i do my other hand rubs mud all over his face.

"BEATIE!"

I start laughing and take a few steps back. "LUV YOU!" I shout before taking off into a run.

"Oh its so on!!!" He screams.

Mud fights are the best! It had just rained so it was a perfect moist sticky feeling when it hit you.

The satisfaction of hitting someone else was amazing.

Prom is tonight. Scary but exciting so we decided to skip school today and have a mud fight to have fun before its all so glamorous and fancy.

In the end it was a tie, not sure how we would have declared who won in the first place but oh well.

It was perfect though people i got a kiss in the rain about half way through when it started pouring, then i tripped him so he fell into a puddle of mud.

I think its clear who the real winner is here.

---------

Hair ✔️

Makeup ✔️

Purple long dress thats way to fancy for me ✔️

Converse shoes ✔️

(Their was no way i was wearing high heels, like no thank you!)

I take a deep breath before heading down stairs to open the door for Jace.

I stand in front of it and look out the window at him in his tux holding a dozen roses.

I roll my eyes, he is such a cute romantic caring loving guy.

He ain't fooling me anymore!

He sees me looking at him and smiles then points to the door handle.

I shake my head no, "you got hands, use em!" I wink before walking into my kitchen.

I hear him chuckle as he walks in.

"You are so sassy!" He comments and jumps up onto my counter.

"Yeah well, deal with it my love."

I go in between his legs and lean in for a quick kiss.

"So prom. Those flowers for me? You really like roses dont you?" I chuckle.