Chapter 22: eating and throwing

**Jaces pov**

"Everything will be okay." I say to Beatie.

"Yea. Im just ganna go check on dinner." She mumbles before walking away.

"Yea ill just go back down stairs." I say quietly.

Man why did mags have to do that to her? I hate that Beaties in so much pain, she still hasn't told me what happened with her dad but i know it hurt her alot.

Shes been through so much, i love her and i always will be their for her.

Before i head downstairs i go to find the washroom.

"Oh hey jace!" Mags cheerfully says.

Of course shes coming out of the washroom as im about to go in.

"Hi." I say flatly.

"Can i talk to you for a sec?" She asks.

She looks pretty upset...

"Fine." I say.

She leads me into Beaties room and sits on the edge of the bed.

She pats the seat beside her and i hesitate before sitting down.

I make sure theirs enough space between us though.

"Look i just wanted to talk to you for a minute." She softly whispers.

"Ok."

"I was little when my mom first told me to be her friend, i didnt care, then i got older and understood the situation. Shes weird and annoying and socially awkward and it was the hardest thing i had to do to pretend to like her for so long. But then this past year she lost her dad and she changed, i kinda didn't mind spending time with her, but then of course she found you and the guys. She started ditching me for you, its suppose to be me ditching her! Not the other way around. So i left her and told her the truth. Shes a freak. Its the truth, you should be with me, not her. The sooner you realise that the better."

As she talks all i can think about is how Beatie was ever friends with her? I get that she was pretending but for so long?

All of a sudden she leans in and crashes her lips onto mine.

I freeze before putting my hands on her waist so i can push her away, before i get the chance though i hear a gasp and then the 3 words coming out of the girl i love.

"I hate you."

**beatrice's pov**

The cuts hurt but they release my deeper pain. The pain that cant go away just because your wound heals.

Its the emotional pain that hurts the most.

Physical pain goes away. Emotional pain can last forever.

Ive never cut before. Ever.

Im not some depressed kid. Im just a girl having a hard time, i feel alone and i don't know how to handle it.

So this is what im doing. I know i shouldn't. I know its wrong but it just hurts so much.

This is helping.

A little.

In a way i think its kind of making me feel worse because its making me rely on it to relieve my pain.

Do i really want all those scars in the future as a continuous reminder?

Its too late now but i know to stop. I regret cutting my wrist i do. At the same time I'm glad it got rid of some of the pain.