Chapter 17: tears and confessions

**Jaces pov**

"Dude you finally did it! You kissed her!" Darren yells.

I felt like i had to do it to convince Mags and throw it in her face. But that kiss felt amazing, it felt right.

Ive been wanting to kiss her for a while, but i know she doesn't like me like that. Were just so different.

Ughh i sound like a fucking girl. Kill me now.

"Yeah so?" I mumble.

"I know you like her! Don't deny it bro!" He says and hits my back.

"Yea well she doesn't like me, she practically ran away after."

"Well what did you say to her?" He asks.

"Nothing! I just said it proved my point and i thanked her for playing along." I say and shrug my shoulders.

"You thanked her for playing along!? What the hell were you thinking? Dude she kissed you back! Then you say it was just to prove a point?" He shakes his head and hits my arm.

I look at him confused.

"Are you stupid!? She likes you and then you pretty much tell her that kiss meant nothing!" He yells.

Theres no way she likes me back, besides i cant be there for her like she deserves.

Especially since my dad would never be able to meet her. Then my mom is dead.

"She only likes me like a friend!" I say back.

"You kidding me? Have you not noticed how she looks at you? Especially after you kissed her!" He seems angry.

"Dude chill. Shes fine."

"She ran away. But you know what yea im sure she just had to pee." He says before walking away.

He stops and turns back to me "go after her." Then continues walking.

Go after her. Ya cause that wouldn't freak her out.

Idiot.

Maybe i should make sure shes ok though.

Yeah i think i should, everything mags said shes probably really emotional, aren't girls like that? Cry over stuff?

Mags has said horrible things so i understand if she is upset. Yea i don't like the idea of her crying.

I think im falling in love with her. Ive never felt this way before.

Ughhhhh i hate feeling so sappy, its annoying.

------

**Beaties pov**

I have been sitting on the bathroom floor for an hour. A fudging hour.

I am so pathetic.

I should just go home right? Wrong. I have no home to go back to.

If i go home home, my mom may see me and im not ready for that yet, but if i go to Darren's house Jace might see me and im not ready for that either.

I guess i better stay here, go to class and go back to being a loner, no friends, no drama.

Just me myself and i.

Which is how its suppose to be.

I take a deep breath before standing up and wiping my eyes. I look in the mirror.

Ohmigosh i look terrible. My mascara is smudged and my eyes are red and puffy.

I look like a raccoon with rabies.