The Other Side Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

Dominique

When I walk into the front office it's quite, except for the chatter of teachers by the mailboxes. From the corner of my eye I could see someone sitting in the seat in the corner of the office. "Hi, um I was called last night about coming to the office today." I say to the secretary.

"Name?" she asks not looking up from her computer.

"Dominique VisinGardy."

"Right. Mr. Shermer had asked to see you. I don't think he's busy right now so you can go into his office." She seems pretty focused. She hadn't looked up from her computer yet. I escort myself into Mr. Shermer's office. When I walk in he looks up from his paper work. He takes of his old 70s looking glasses.

"Miss VisinGardy?" he guesses.

"In the present." I sit down in the seat in front of his desk. I sneak a look at the papers on his desk. He has my file out. Weird. Why would he have to look at my files? I have nothing to hide except maybe that time I got a detention, but that was because I was one minute late to history freshman year. Stupid, right? So I can't be getting in trouble. I've been trouble free for 2 years.

"Dominique, I called you into my office because there are some academic issues I'd like to discuss with you." He folds his fingers.

Academic issues? What kind of academic issues do I have? My grades are sky rocket high. A+ in all my classes since freshman year. "What do you mean academic issues?"

"Oh there's nothing wrong with your grades. It's the grades of another student. As you should already know, when a student is failing classes to a certain degree they are put in the Tutor Program. Since you are an AP student you are automatically enrolled to be a tutor." Oh yeah. I remember reading about that in the student handbook.  

He went over all the tasks on a tutor's daily schedule. Seems like a lot. I have to have all my classes with them and then tutor them after school. This is going to conflict with my dance classes after school. Well maybe I could schedule the tutoring to after dance. Wow, this is going to be a big responsibility. Time to prove Panna wrong once again. 

"You have been recommended by your teachers to tutor a student. I'll send him in now." Mr. Shermer pressed the intercom button on the phone on his desk. When the door opens Mr. Infamous gang banger Antonio walks in with a huge bruise on his face. Shocker. You have got to be kidding me. Him of all people! He has a wide smirk on. Ugh, I'm guessing he thinks this is funny. Well I think that bruise on his face is funny so ha! He sits down in the seat next to me.

"Mr. Hernandez, you and Miss VisinGardy will be Tutor partners." He hands us both booklets. "You both have to read these booklets and sign the sheet on the back and hand them in by Friday." I turn to the back sheet of the booklet.

I _______________ have read this booklet and will hear by follow all of the rules in the Tutor Program. Ect.

"You will start tutoring today. Here is your new schedule." He hands a paper over to Antonio.

Mr. Shermer went on to talk more about the program. I look over at Antonio. He gives me a wink. Ugh you've got to be kidding me. This is going to be great. Just great.

Antonio 

"Shit." I say to myself as the first period bell rings. Where the fuck is this class? I look at the numbers on the doors. 134. 135. 136. Where is 137? I begin walking down another hall.

"Yo ese! What 'chu doin in my halls?" I turn around to see Felix at his locker. "Whoa! What up with your face?" He tries to poke at the bruise but I push his finger away.

"Shut up estúpido (stupid). I got into a fight yesterday night." I say

"With who?" he gets serious.

"A member of Un Cabrón."

"You beat his ass?" Felix says. There was no hint of humor in his voice.

"Hell yeah! No culo (ass) is going to fuck up my face and not get knock unconscious primo (cousin)." I say cracking my knuckles.

"Be ready for a fight, cuz they gunna be coming for us soon." Felix says. He's right. Once you start something with one crew, it never finishes. It a rivalry that never ends or a fight that never finishes. And the one last night really got the water boiling between Un Cabrón and HG. I left that concha (a girl's ehm private part) K.O.ed. The next fight I'mma sure as hell be ready. 

"No te preocupes, primo. (No worries, cousin)." I say. HG will for shore kick their asses.

"AHEM!" I hear someone clear their throat from behind me. I turn around to see Dominique standing there with her arms folded. My eyes went straight to her chichis (boobs), which were bulging out of her v-neck shirt. ¡Ay chica! "Do you think you can, I don't know, finish up this little meeting?" She says with a pissy attitude.

"Why? You have something else in mind for me and you?" I say walking towards her.

"Ha, you wish." She says unfazed with how close I had gotten to her.

"You right, Mamácita. Every night." I flirt. Then it hits her. She flushes and backs up.

"Have you ever heard of personal space, because right now your invading mine." She says all pissy again.

"Mami, I don't really believe in personal space." I step closer and close the gap between us. She flushes again. This is fun.

Felix coughs and says "Get it Toni." I smirk back at him. When I turn around she has a serious face on and her arms are crossed again.

"Ugh, just come on." She gives a disgusted look and pulls me along.

Damn! This girl got a grip. Police cuffs aint even that tight. I glared down at my wrist as she pulled me along. Who woulda ever imagined me, Antonio Hernandez, being escorted to a classroom rather than a bed?

"Ah, Antonio, I'm glad you decided to join us." The teacher says when she opens the door to the room. Whoa, ella es gordo (she's fat). "Dominique, show Antonio to his new seat." She smiles. Her cheeks bunch up and make her eyes look like they're closed. She continues her lesson as I follow Dominique to the back of the room.

"This is anatomy right?" I ask.

"Yeah," She answers hesitantly.

"So uh, this means we gunna have a one-on-one lesson on each others' anatomy, mami?" I smirk. Yeah I know that was a little cheesy but I had to say it.

"Yeah that's not happening. The only chance you had was when I was drunk and you brought me home. Speaking of that night, I was so drunk I would have done anything." She bluffed. Goodie two shoe Rich Girl probably woulda still said no even if she was drunk. Her goodie instincts would have stopped at second base. Psh! A goodie goodie, rich, popular girly girl can't ever get down with me. But her reactions are priceless when I try to fool around, so why not make an effort?