The Other Side Chapter 20

Hey guys!!! WOOT WOOT! Here's chapter veinte!!!! YAYAYAYA

Chapter 20

Antonio

After Dominique gets into her car and leaves, I go back into the house. At the sound of the creaking door, mamá pokes her head out from her room. She has the ears of a perro (dog).

"And where did you go?" she asks while standing in the doorway, arms crossed.

"No where important, just to the park," I say nonchalant, placing my helmet on the kitchen table.

"Mmmm," She gives me a suspicious look, "She's nice."

"Yeah, she's an angel." I say with a hint of sarcasm, "I'm going to sleep," I say heading towards my room.

"Ok mijo," she starts to close her door, "Oh and tomorrow Palo is coming over after church by the way. Buenos noches." She walks over to me and plants a kiss on my cheek before returning back to her room.

I keep the lights off and feel my way towards my bed. I fall down on it backwards. I stare up at the ceiling, just thinking about that kiss. I've kissed a lot of girls, a lot, but that kiss tonight was like, well different. Fuck, I sound like a fucking sissy. But, I think she even felt it too. I don't know what it was about it, I just... felt something. Weird.

Look at me. I'm layin in bed thinking about some dumbass kiss. This is something those chicks do in those movies. Pathetic.

I get up and pick up my guitar. I run my hands along its polished wood and slowly move to the cords and lightly strum the strings. I warm up with a few practice exercises. When I'm done, I give a second thought about playing but then place it down. I get back in bed and force my eyes shut.

In the morning, I wake up to the smell of mi mama's cooking. I look at the time on the cable box below my TV. Damn! It was already 1:30 pm. I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I ruffle my hair up a little with some water before walking into the kitchen.  

I give a quick glance at Palo. He was wearing jeans with one of the legs rolled up, revealing his bandaged wound.

"Buenos días," I peck my ma, who was in the middle of cooking my favorite: Carne Ripiada, on the cheek, "huele deliciosa (smells delicious)." 

I steal a few chopped carrots and peppers from the cutting board.

"Vete! (Go away!)" She waves her wooden spoon at me.

I take one more carrot before I get beaten. I sit down at the table across from Palo.

"¿Qué tal? (What's up)" I ask Palo.

"Nada. Veo tu tatuaje nuevo. Es chido. (Nothing. I see you new tattoo. It is cool)." I realize I'm only wear my boxers. But who gives? I'm not embarrassed or ashamed to show off my hot body. Ow!

"¡Creo que no!(I don't think so)" Mama shouts.

"I think its kick-ass," I mumble.

"¿Disculpe? (Excuse me?)," she puts her hand on her hips.

"I mean, I think it's cool," I give her a sweet smile. She gives me a warning look before turning back to the stove.

"¿Te duele la pierna? (Does your leg hurt you?)" I say, glaring at his wrapped leg.

He let out a bold laugh, "No," he says just as my ma walks over with her wooden spoon full of stew.

"Come (Eat)." She orders while feeding Palo with the spoon, "Perfecto o no? (perfect or no?)."