Anna grabs a hold of me and helps me in. She's stronger than she looks. "Thank you, Anna, you are the only one who has shown me any kindness lately." I relax and lean back, allowing the warm water to loosen up my sore muscles.

After a few minutes, I feel a soft caress slide over my cheek. I knew immediately that it was Anna as she had woken me up the same way this morning. I peek through my eyelashes and see her smiling down at me. Almost adoringly. She really is a sweet woman. She doesn't fit in here, in a family like this. Perhaps I can get her out of here when I get out too, if she wishes.

When the water starts cooling down, Anna dips her hand in and yanks the plug. The water quickly starts swirling down the drain. Maybe it will take some of my misery down with it. My body already feels less broken, and I manage to stand up on my own without slipping.

I turn the shower on and close the curtain. I watch the tub finish draining as I let the warm shower pelt me with soothing spurts. I can't help my moans of pleasure as I shampoo my hair and scrub my scalp. I almost weep when I feel my hair ending on my shoulders. I had forgotten about that bitch hacking my hair off.

After washing my body as quickly as I am capable, I shut the water off and open the curtain- just to squeal and close the curtain again.

"Wh-wh-where's Anna?" I stammer. I wasn't expecting this. She had already been my caregiver for however long and already saw me without clothes, but I wasn't expecting to see Vlad casually perched on the sink.

"She has other stuff to do, suka," he said. "I have come to make sure you don't harm yourself further," his voice drops to a hiss, "and to make sure you don't try to escape again." His tone changes back to a pleasant tenor. "After all, kitten, we all know what happens when you get away. Do not count on escaping again, it will not happen, however if you do try again, more of your people will die."

Through the barrier of the slim shower curtain, I hear his footsteps approach the shower. A shadow falls in front of me and I'm two seconds away from pissing down my leg. I stand in silence and wrap my arms around myself, shivering from being cold and being scared shitless. His shadow moves slightly on the other side, but he doesn't do anything more than stand there.

What is he waiting for?

Intimidating or not, I'm freezing. I refuse to step out in front of him though. "Okay, um, can you hand me a towel?" I try to stay polite. "Please," I add as an afterthought.

I struggle with being pleasant towards him, but I am too tired to fight.

Too tired to be even more afraid at the moment.

Too tired to face the shock of his gun pressed against my head again. I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

His shadow disappears and returns. He immediately pulls the shower curtain wide open. I squeal again as I attempt to cover myself as he tosses the towel right on top of my head.

Jerk. I shouldn't have expected anything else.

Surprisingly enough, he turns his back to me, and I wrap the towel around myself as quickly as I can manage.

I place a trembling hand on the side of the shower and start to step out of the tub, but Vlad quickly scoops me up in his arms and carries me out of the bathroom. He places me on the bed I have been occupying, and I notice the sheets are all changed and freshly made.

I also notice how much gentler he is than Felix.

"Uh, thanks." I murmur. I place my hands in my lap and flick my eyes around the room. I don't want to look at him. He's a monster in a human skin suit.