And now for: Timeskip

Mikan's POV:

Things went like that for a while- a month, actually. Kokichi and I would go to our classes, and then do our own thing afterward. However, at some point, I actually got up the courage to ask for the nursing position.

To my surprise, they said that they were going to ask me to do it in the first place- needless to say, I was shocked. Still, I was rather happy with the position. I got to be useful others quite often due to the dangerous lifestyles of some of my classmates, and I didn't bother anybody!

However, it wasn't all good. During this time, I had gotten a bit of a reputation for my um... odd way of tripping and um... certain offers. But nobody made fun of me for them! And... that was kind of the other problem...

It's a really self-centered and selfish way of thinking, I know, but I can't help but think that when that happens... nobody cares about my existence at all. Though um- Ibuki assured me that wasn't the case at all so- so I'm trying not to take it that way.

And speaking of Ibuki; she, Mahiru, Hiyoko (Surprisingly), and I had become rather close! It was mainly due to how outgoing Mahiru and Ibuki were, but still... I had friends! It still feels surreal when I think about it.

Ending on that rather happy note, I got a warm feeling in my chest as I reflected on the past few weeks. It honestly went better than I ever could have hoped for, and to even be thinking like this... it felt nice!

And that's how things were now. Ibuki and I had some plans later today to go eat shortcake together, and despite being worried about her eating habits, I was excited. Expecting Kokichi to be doing his usual thing, I go to open the door to my dorm. However, instead of being on his laptop like usual, Kokichi had been waiting for me at the door and...

Kokichi's POV:

The next month passed by without much incident- less and less people began coming to class: however, Maki stayed, so I was stuck there too. So much for the not needing to go to class thing. At least Kaito pretty much stalked her after I tended to leave, so I didn't have to do that myself- not like I would anyways. Too obvious for me.

And honestly, my life was just like that for the entire month that had gone by. I'd go to class, stay behind in for a bit to keep an eye on Maki, and then go talk to my members online. Over and over again I'd repeat the routine- it was getting boring. Like, really boring.

I love my members and all, but it just isn't the same talking to them through the screen. And needless to say, I'm not really popular with my classmates due to my behavior. So uh, I found myself preetty lonely a lot of the time. I mean, I may be an evil supreme leader and all, but I'm still human.

After thinking about it, I figured it would be best if I found someone who would be interesting to hang out with. And, ya know, someone who wouldn't reject me in a heartbeat.

Shuichi seemed to be a good candidate, but he was always hanging out with that piano idiot. Gonta seemed like a good candidate too, buuuuut... yeah, nobodies letting me near him after the incident. Rantaro was interesting as well, but he was away on one of his expeditions

And honestly? Nobody else in the class would even give it a second thought before turning me down. So I guess that meant I had to choose someone outside of my class. Someone who wouldn't immediately turn me down...

Bingo. My roommate seems pretty interesting, not to mention a total pushover. If anybody was going to be willing to hang out with me, it'd be her.

My target in mind, I got to the place where I'd be most likely to find her- our dorm. I go on my laptop for a bit as usual, but when I hear her footsteps, I figured I'd go ahead and greet her. It seemed a bit early, but whatever. Who wouldn't wanna open a door to see my cute smiling face after all?

Placing my laptop down, I wait at the door and- "Heeeeeeya roomie!"

Mikan jumped back, apparently startled. I laugh my signature laugh and continue with what I was going to say. "Nishishi, jumpy as ever I see. Aaaanyways, feel lucky! For I, Kokichi Oma, have decided that you can hang out with me!" I say, a wide and energetic smile on my face.

Mikan's POV:

I... honestly didn't know what to say when I first heard Kokichi's words. The fact that someone wanted to hang out with me of all people was baffling enough... much less hearing that from someone like Kokichi.

The tension between us only rose as I took longer and longer to respond- and I had no idea what to do. Kokichi became impatient, and spoke once more, this time in a more impatient tone. "Wellllll?"

Being pressured to do so, I finally give a response "I-I- okay!...?" I say, not entirely sure of my answer but hoping it would appease him. After a few moments, he beams, walking towards me and grabbing my arm "Alright! Let's go right now then!" he says, a childish laugh following.

Realizing what was going on, I flinch, taking my arm out of his hand. "I- S-Sorry! It's just that... I k-kind of already have plans today-" I say, cringing a bit as I prepare for the worst. As I stood there waiting for a response, I slowly opened my eyes- and to my surprise, Kokichi didn't seem mad...

In fact, it didn't look like he had any emotion on his face at the moment- just one of pure thought. My throat tightened as the wait continued, before he... smiled a carefree smile. "Nishishi, why didn't you say so sooner? Tomorrow then-" I cringe, realizing I was going to have to tell him.

"I... k-kind of took off early today to hang out with Ibuki. I'm only r-really free on the weekends" I say, wringing my hands in anxiety as I waited for the angry yelling and insults that were sure to come.

But once more, it didn't come. Kokichi just continued to smile, though I could sense a bit of irritation with it- I was sure of it. "Well, I'm free on the weekends too so seems like it's a plan!" he says, his voice cheerful. However he quickly goes to pouting, and I wince wondering what I did wrong- "But you better not be lying! It's very rude to stand people up, and I hate liars!" He says, cheeks puffed out like a child.

In a bit of a panic, I quickly reassure Kokichi that I wasn't lying, before he immediately goes back to being happy and carefree. "Well then, see ya at the mall arcade on Saturday!"

...What did I just agree to? It all happened before I could really process it, and now I have plans on Saturday. The arcade at the mall? Where even was that!? ...Maybe Ibuki knew? I... suppose I was going to have to ask around.

I wound up going to the cafeteria early, thinking that may help me sort out my thoughts as I waited for Ibuki.

Kokichi's POV:

Welp, mission complete- even if it had... less than optimal results. Obviously, I would have preferred for Mikan to have gone with me that moment, but I guess this was better than nothing. Now I had to figure out what to do for the next few days. D.I.C.E. was going on a raid during that time, so my usual plan of talking with them was out the window.

I guess I haven't explored the outside of the campus that much... whatever, it's something to do. In the meantime, D.I.C.E. was probably still online, so I go to talk to them for a bit... though all the while I was thinking of what the hell I should do to pass the time.

Well this is going to suck.

Hi! Sorry this took so long, but school and stuff... yeah it really sucks. Anyways this is the start of the main plot! And for those of you who think Kokichi's being a bit of a jackass- yeah, but he's going to redeem himself during this arc, so don't worry. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!