And So it Begins

Mikan's POV:

I sat on the bus, anxiously adjusting my new uniform. Quite frankly, my new title of "Ultimate Nurse" didn't sit quite right with me. Of course I was happy to have it! It was just... did someone like me really deserve such an amazing title? I took a deep breath and shook my head- it would be even worse to question those who gave it to me, right? Yeah, yeah definitely.

And so, with that I continued my anxious actions; tugging at my skirt, my bandages, and the strap of my bag. I continued to do so throughout the entire bus ride, keeping my head low. In what felt like no time at all, I was there: Hope's Peak. As I looked up at the school, my anxiety only worsened. The tall stature of the building was intimidating, to say the least. I felt my heart pound, as I took a few steps back, tempted to run. However, as I did so, I found myself bumping into somebody and tripping. With the pit in my chest only deepening, I let out a scream as the both of us crashed to the ground.

Kokichi's POV:

My first day at Hope's Peak, huh? Honestly, I'd never been interested in school that much before. The forced monotony of the entire concept made me annoyed to even think about. Besides, it's not like I'd need much more than D.I.C.E. and its members anyways. Well, at least that was my stance before I was scouted for Hope's Peak. Yeah, school was boring as hell, but being titled an ultimate? And the "Ultimate Supreme Leader", at that. I'd have to be dumb not to go... and that was a lie. My previous words were my members argument to get me to go, since I didn't want to leave them. They were really my only reason to be apprehensive... and with their support I didn't have an excuse not to go anymore. At least I heard that the classes were optional, so there's that.

I got off at my stop, and began walking to the academy. It was huge- like, you wouldn't even know it was a school and not a manner. This kind of confused me though- few students were supposed to actually be accepted into the talent course, so why did we have the seemingly bigger area? Whatever, not like it was my problem anyways. I continued walking, however I couldn't take my eyes off the school.

Big fucking mistake.

In my state of inattentiveness, I found myself crashing into somebody. Or did they crash into me? Either way it hurt like hell once the both of us fell to the ground. I felt a heavy pressure on my chest, making it difficult to breath. There was some kind of heavy object on me, so I pushed to get it off- it felt soft. Why was it soft? Opening my eyes, I saw that the girl I had bumped into was on top of me, seemingly unaware. "G-Get off-" I groaned, pushing once more. That seemed to get her attention, as she sprung up with an apologetic expression on her face.

Mikan's POV:

As I heard the boys voice, I yelped and immediately jumped up to get off of him. I bowed apologetically a few times, repeatedly saying "Sorry!" over and over, before placing my arms near my torso to not make things worse. The purple haired boy sat up, rubbing his head a bit. I found myself apologizing once more. It was at this point that he looked as though he got a type of realization- it was a split second, but I swear that I saw him contemplating the situation. This expression was quickly changed, however, as the boy raised an eyebrow and looked at his hand.

"You better be! Hmpf, that was pretty rude. Don't you know who I am?" he said, before beginning to stand up, placing his arms behind his head. His tone and expression implied that everything was okay, however the words that came out of his mouth said otherwise. Clasping my hands together and placing them near my chest, I carefully worded my response. "I-I'm sorry I- I d-don't". The boy once more raised an eyebrow, before smirking. "I'm Kokichi Oma, Ultimate Supreme Leader! Geeze, don't you know I could, like, have you killed for something like this?"

My heart skipped a beat- he, he was kidding right?! "K-K-K-Killed?!" I stuttered, in too much shock to properly process the world around me. Did I seriously mess up this badly on my first day?! Before I could respond, Kokichi once more looked at his hand and spoke. "Yeah, well, whatever. This is your first strike, so i'll let you live... this time, nishishi." I felt a rush of relief, that underlying fear still present. Not wanting to make things worse, I gave another quick bow, a "T-Thank you so much!", and quickly left to go into the school. Great job, Mikan. First day and you're already getting death threats.

Kokichi's POV:

I watched as the girl ran off, a blank expression on my face. Well that was an... interesting conversation. Lagged a bit with putting on my mask though... gunna have to be more aware of that in the future. Ah well, not like it matters anyways: I was quick enough. I followed after her, entering the school. As I walked, more and more people surrounded me. Some of these guys seriously looked ridiculous- while others looked straight out of a magazine. This really was a place of ultimates, huh?

And with that, every single one of us headed to the entrance ceremony.

I hope that you enjoyed this first chapter of bandaged with lies! This is my first fanfic, so I hope that you enjoy. And on the topic of the rather odd crack ship: I know that it's rather strange, but I promise once it gets more development it's really cute. And with that, I bid you adieu! I can't wait to make the next chapter