♫Getting to Know you♫

Mikan's POV:

After Komaeda, Mahiru, Hiyoko and I walked to class together, it was.... surprisingly pleasant. Due to that pleasantness, time passed by quicker, and before I knew it class for the day was over. Saying goodbye to those who bothered to say so to me, I did my best to navigate my way back to my dorm. My memory wasn't half bad, so I was able to use certain markers on the way back.

After only one wrong turn, I had made it to my dorm. Kokichi already being there didn't really surprise me this time. The boy was on his laptop, seemingly in a different world. I gave a small, anxious wave before turning my attention to my side of the room. It looked like my suitcase was here! Looking back to his side, it seemed as if Kokichi's had as well. In fact, it looked quite a bit bigger than mine... well, I suppose I didn't have much in mine to begin with.

It appeared that Kokichi had already unpacked his stuff, things like stuffed animals and video games now littering his side of the room. Deciding to follow suit, I began unpacking my suitcase, which consisted mainly of clothes and personal care items. It was over within a matter of minutes. And with that, I was at a loss as to what to do. I sat on my bed, hands folded in my lap as I tried to come up with something I could do that wouldn't bother... whatever Kokichi was doing on his laptop.

And it was in the middle of my thinking that I heard a dramatic closing of said laptop. Jumping a bit, I directed my attention to my roommate across from me. Kokichi stretched his back, before whining- "I'm boooored! C'mon, let's play a game!" he said. I froze, remembering the last time he wanted to play a "game". "B-But weren't you, um, working on something?" I asked, attempting to make an excuse.

"Hmm, yeah, but now I wanna play a game!" he said, turning to face me better. "It's pretty much just a simple game of rock-paper-scissors, buuut winner gets to ask the loser a question! Three turns, waddya say? Not like you're really in any position to decline nishishi."

That... didn't sound half bad. From what interactions I'd had with him before, I thought it would be another death game but... no. It's not. Even before I answered, Kokichi expectantly sat on the floor, ready to start. "I.. o-okay" I said, pushing myself off my bed and sitting on the floor with him, both of us now ready to play. "Ready?" he asked. I nod. "Then..."

"Rock"

"Paper"

"Scissors"

"Shoot!" Kokichi had scissors... and I had paper. "Nishishi, looks like I'm the one asking the question then! Sooooo you're a nurse, right? What's the most gruesome injury you've seen?" I froze. He's... kidding right? "I um... b-burns are always... p-pretty bad..." I say, tugging at my bandages. "B-But I'm not an o-official nurse yet, so I haven't really s-seen that much!"

"Awww... that was a way more boring answer than I was hoping for... ah well! Next round, nishishi!" And with that we went again... Kokichi getting rock and I scissors. "Nishishi! I win again!" he says, his laugh and smile having a somewhat mocking tone to it. "So, where did ya live. Like, before this dorm and stuff." Kokichi asks, some of the childish whimsey in his voice gone.

Oh... right, I had to answer. Tugging at my skirt a bit, I tried to make it sound as pleasant as possible. "U-Um... well it's s-small... not exactly the newest house... or um, i-in the nicest neighborhood but. W-Well it's home" I say, putting a somewhat positive spin on it. For a moment, Kokichi's face is blank, almost as if he's processing the words that I just said. This was only the second time i've seen him like this but... it felt different. Like he was actually taking things seriously.

However after a bit, he goes back to being happy, and flashes one of his childish smiles. "Eh, well to each their own! Alright, last round! Who will win?" he says. And so we were off- and the results were... Kokichi having scissors, and I paper. "Woooow three for three! You must be really unlucky!"

"Hmmmm, a question... a question..." he repeats to himself, seemingly in thought. After a few seconds of me anxiously waiting, he finally gets an "aha!" face, and shifts to look me straight in the eyes. "Right. Soooo, is there like actually a point to that one hammer thing doctors use?"

It was my turn to give him a blank stare, only interrupted by a few exasperated blinks. "I- y-y-yes?! Um, I know that it d-doesn't seem like it does much, b-but I promise it's actually a really important medical tool! Really!" I say, leaning forward a bit. Kokichi waits a few seconds, before- "Hmmmm okay! Whatever! Nishishi. But really, you do have the worst luck!"I lower my head, thinking back to the past few minutes "Y-Yeah... I guess I do..."

"Hey, Mikan, did you know there's a way to predict someones moves in rock paper scissors?"

I stare at Kokichi, dumbfounded. Did he- before I could even finish the thought, he laughs it off and says the following "Nishishi, just kidding! ... Or am I? I'm a liar, after all" he says, finishing by putting a finger to his lip as if he were shushing someone. "Welp, I'm bored again. I'm going to go play video games!" he says, before hopping back up to his bed an once more opening his laptop.

I think that was the first time I noticed him for the liar he was. It was like... Kokichi's entire existence was contradictory in some way or another. Needing some time to take this in, I decide to pick book off my shelf and read in bed for a bit.

Kokichi's POV:

I give one last glance to my roommate, before truly immersing myself in myself into my laptop. In all honesty, I was coordinating with my second in command. Even if I wasn't there physically, I didn't want our pranks to come to a stop and for my group to lose its repute.

"Your roommate feeling better?"

"Yeah, I think. She's fun to mess with but honestly she's way too anxious for her own good. You should have seen the face that she gave me when I suggested a game"

"Sounds like fun. Anyways, what kind of prank should we pull tonight?"

"Hmmmm.... do we have paint and water balloons?"

"Heh, great one boss. Any target in mind?"

"How about that one grumpy ass store clerk? Seriously who doesn't allow someone to put something back if they change their mind?"

"You got it! I'll go tell the others then."

"Perfect"

"Heh yeah"

"And boss?"

"Hmm, what is it?"

"Good luck. We've all got your back"

CrEpyCln is offline

I sigh, closing the tab with a smile. I almost let out a laugh right then and there thinking about how pissed that jackass was going to be when he finds his store windows covered in paint in the morning. I would love to be there with them for it but.... nope. I'm here.

Well not much I can do now. For once I actually make good on a lie, and open up a computer game. It was a simple puzzle game, but fun enough. Setting the difficulty to hard, I begin playing. The two of us stay like this for a few hours, but eventually Mikan gets up to go to dinner.

"Y-You aren't going?!" she asks, astounded.

"Hmmm nah! Too many evil plans nishishi" I say. Mikan gives me an apprehensive look, as if she was about to lecture me. Not in the mood for it, I cut the girl off. "Seriously, I'm not even that hungry! Besides, who else is going to run the world? I can't take a break for even a second!" I say.

Finally getting that I wasn't going to matter what she said, Mikan heaves a defeated sigh before leaving the room. With that I go back to doing stuff- by this time the prank had been pulled, and I was getting the details from my members. Getting a few laughs from it, I talk with them a bit longer.

More time passes, Mikan comes in, we each do our own thing. Though I could swear that every couple of minutes I felt her staring at me- geeze why can't she just mind her own business?

Eventually, around 9:30, Mikan falls asleep. I stay awake for another 3 hours, before finally sleeping myself. Heh, honestly? That was early for me.

I dream of D.I.C.E.

Sorry that this one took longer than the others! Believe it or not I actually had a lot of difficulty thinking of an activity- and even then I had a lot of difficulty coming up with questions for kokichi to ask! Even so, I hope that you enjoyed this part! Here's hoping the next one will be a bit faster!