Some soon caught his eye.

A book section. 

How did he not notice that before?

He walked over, looking through the different books and works until one caused him to stop and freeze.

The Diary of Anne Frank.

He- he knew her... She was familiar, she felt so familiar.

She had been one of his people.

So young- she had been so young when she died.

And before he knew what he was doing, his feet started moving and he picked up the book.

And started to read it.

But it was honestly so hard, his hands were shaking with every word and tears threatened to fall the whole time.

She didn't deserve it, she really didn't deserve it. None of them had. They and so many other were killed for being Jewish, Gay, Disabled, and for so many other reasons.

All in all.

Discrimination. 

Never Again.

Germany looked down at his wrist and suddenly just dropped the book and fell to the ground sobbing.. He did this, he was so sorry. So so sorry.

He did this.

The branding didn't lie, he was a Nazi. This was his fault... 

He was so so sorry.....

He didn't notice the concerned looks he was getting until a hand was placed on his shoulder and he looked up to see Arkansa. The boy gave a comforting smile, "Come on Lud, lets go." He helped him up and the two walked out the store and to the car.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany had been bombarded by questions during the ride back. But didn't answer any of them and the states and cities got the message.

They only gave him comforting looks as he head to his room.

Everything just felt like a lot right now. 

"Lud?" America's voice came through the door.

Germany didn't answer.

So Alfred walked in stood by his bed. "Olivia (New Orleans) told me what happened. You wanna talk about it?"

He was quiet..

Alfred nodded, he looked at Germany, "Silence tells a thousand words you know. They told me the book you were reading. You feel guilty and blame yourself for everything even though we've been through this so many times. You feel like you should have- could have don't something. You feel sorry.. you are sorry."

And Germany looked up.

This is why this boy was a superpower.

America smiled at him, "You don't have to tell me anything. I just came to give you a form of therapy."

Germany looked at him confused.

What did he mean?

Alfred took out a notebook and handed to him. "I felt the same way as you during the Civil War."

Germany looked through the book. It was empty. But he already had a journal... it had been pretty neglected though... he didn't need it anymore.... he was fine..

"You're getting  better and you're making progress and changes but there's that part of you that just can't let go. It holds onto everything and you just can't let it go." He looked so knowing.  "Braz told me to write  out how I felt, write about life after. About how guilty I felt that I couldn't stop so many people from being killed in such a terrible war. And than he said to later tell it all to someone I truly trusted so I could let it all out. And so others would really know and be able to help me come to terms with everything and talk me through with it."

He smiled at Germany and started to walk out the room but turned back. "And let me tell you," He stated, "It worked."

He walked out.

Germany stared at the book, and shook his head. A book... help him?

How.... he could hold it all in and.... because he really was guilty and nobody could or would ever understand and-

He put away the new journal and looked through a draw for the old one.

Found it.

With a heavy heart, he opened it to the first page.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My name is Ludwig Beilschmidt.

I am the country of Germany. I have 4 siblings, Austria, Prussia, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland.

Right now, the fate of me and Prussia's countries are in the hand of the Allies.

World War 2 ended over 3 weeks ago.

I am in debt to many, hated by many, and.......

It's my fault so many died. Over millions were killed just for being Jewish, handicapped, gay and so many more reasons.

My brother is being dragged down with me because of me. He tried to tell me Hitler was brainwashing me.

But I didn't listen.

It's my fault..... it's all my fault.

First World War one and now a second one.

They'll never trust me again. They see me as a monster.

I don't blame them though.....

It's true.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And then turned to the another page.

America's family reminds me much of my own. They're loud, funny, and well, loud. They include me in things like I'm one of them.

I actually was persuaded in dancing in the rain and line dancing.

It was fun.

I think they really do see me as one of them. None of them even held the war against me. And the ones that did apologized.

I feel like, they're becoming family in a way to me. They're like my family of the Western Hemisphere.

My Family of the West.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So now, he got his pen ready and started to add another entry. A lot of had happened, so it was a lot to write down.

And finally let out. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX