29. Meet Me on the Otherside

Start from the beginning

"Gentlemen," Abaddon said, interrupting their conversation.

"It seems, the creatures of the Welkin have forgotten their place. There has been an increase of activity in the mortalia according to my resources," Abaddon announced.

Death's ears twitched giving away his interest. Abaddon was the prince of war and lord of the abyss. Two eyes with white irises and small pupils studied the group from their sockets. He possessed a massive frame, standing at eight-foot tall. A shaved head and brown skin completed his look. From what Lucian discerned, he was a loyal demon, but one could never be too sure. Death, of course, knew that silly angel was after his precious Dumu-mi, but he didn't know the reasons behind it. Had they uncovered something?

"Why Mortalia?" Alastor mulled aloud. Death's eyes flickered over to him. He appeared to be the youngest person in this room, but with his handling of the executor decrees by Satan, no one dared to oppose him.

"Who cares, why don't we go catch ourselves one and find out?" Raum said, boredom pouring off him in waves. Now if he could get his hands on an interesting girl. Could it be death? No. The entity wouldn't have drawn its scythe. Finally, something to keep him entertained.

"Fool, do you understand the ramifications, if something of that magnitude occurred?" Sorath added, not caring about this meeting.

In Death's opinion, he was the most interesting creature here. His crimson eyes color spoke of the magnitude of terror and horror caused in mortalia. This creature ruled the energy correlating with the mortals and demons psyche. Their innermost desires. Thanks to him, he had bountiful souls in Slaugh—his realm of death.

"Yeah, yeah. But war is a big party! Think of all the blood that would spill!" yelled Behemoth in glee.

Death snickered, Behemoth was the infernal night watchman. He presided over all the parties and feasts in hell. He's known for trapping the souls of young selfish children. The perfect combination of innocence and darkness, a delicacy that Death enjoyed. Behemoth's comments cut the tension in the room.

Death stretched and chuckled quietly. He could use a party right about now. A ringing pierced his mind, and he shut his eyes happy the trilby hat he wore covered his face.

Dumu-mi, to what do I owe this pleasure?

Daddy...

Now, what could she be up to? She couldn't have possibly found out what transpired between him and Cyriac. If she did he was going to rip out the man innards. The darkling would not defile his Dumu-mi without the sacred ceremony. Destine or not.

Yes? He thought cautiously.

Well, you see...

Go on,

I've been compromised.

I see... I'm coming.

Damn it all. Useless royal guards! And her brother, the creature was bounded to his precious! All of his plans were ruin! If anyone dared to harm his precious, their soul belonged to him!

"Lucian," Alastor called, cutting in his internal musings. "Meeting is adjourned."

He removed his hat, making it disappear without a second thought before his gaze settled onto Alastor's bright blue ones. Such innocence didn't belong in the underworld, giving him a brief nod, he hurried glad to be done with the counts.

***

She jostled her leg, her eyes darting around the colorless room. Rosalinda gave Cyriac a brief smile before her eyes returned to the glass window.