Ghost

Ryleigh
Pete opened the door and I carefully made my way in. "Leigh, is that you?"Dad yelled out from his office down the hallway. "Yeah,"I yelled back. He came out. "You're walking,"he said and ran to envelope me in a hug. Once he sat me down and I was balanced, he did a fancy handshake thing with Pete. "Thanks for taking her,"he said. "Not a problem. Now to go to dinner with Meagan, Saint, and Bronx,"he said and wentzed out the door.

I made it slowly up to my room where I sat in the desk chair and looked out the large glass window. I pulled my phone out and called Alex. "Hey, Alex,"I answered cherrily. "Hey, Ryleigh, how are you?"he asked. "I'm good. I'm sort of walking now. Uh, how's Zack?"I asked and bit on my lower lip. "He's hanging in there. He'll be okay, Ryleigh. I know it isn't easy for either of you. I saw the way you looked at each other. It's gonna be fine,"he reassured me. I didn't respond. "Hey, I gotta go now. He's been writing like crazy so we're back in the studio. I'll send you demos when I have them, okay?"he promised. "Okay. See ya, Alex,"I said and hung up. I let out a long breath. I shouldn't have let Zack go.

Two weeks later (sorry for all the skips, I keep getting stuck and I wanna get to my plan)...

I flopped down on the couch and pulled my phone out. I had gradually gotten better at walking with the braces and crutches. However, I still missed Zack like crazy but, to keep from annoying all of the guys, I only called once every week. A notification popped up on my phone.

New notification from panicatthedisco: We're back and with new added dates and guests. See if your city made the list at the link in bio.

A photo of me with the guys from a few months ago at the start of tour was attached. "DAD!"I yelled. He came running with a towel around his waist. "What's wrong, honey? Are you hurt?"he asked, panicked. "Why does it say we're back with new added dates? I thought we weren't touring?"I asked, confused. "I wasn't supposed to say anything to you, yet. WE'RE RETURNING TO TOUR!"he finished with a shout. "NO WAY!" I shouted. "TWO WAYS, ACTUALLY,"He yelled.

"Wait, what?"I asked. "My Chemical Romance is coming, too,"he said. Without thinking, I quickly stood and took two steps to wrap Dad in a hug. They were shaky and unsteady and then, as I was wrapped in his arms, I realized I had just taken two steps on my own without the crutches in almost 5 months since the accident.

"RYLEIGH, DID YOU JUST WALK?"He yelled the question. "I JUST WALKED!"I shouted and squealed in joy. We didn't know Mom had just walked inside and took a picture of us. Our phones buzzed at the same time. I opened my phone and saw a photo of Dad and I just now.

@sarahurie: I'm so proud of you. You can see the joy on their faces. Someone just took their first steps without any assistance but the braces in five months. So grateful for the joy these two bring to my life @ryleighrowanurie @brendonurie

Ryleigh Urie: Alex, I just walked on my own....

Alex Gaskarth: way to go! I knew you had it in you. I'm so proud. See you soon xo

To test it, I carefully turned around and walked with steadier legs back to the couch. I looked at Dad with a big smile on my face. "Uh, Dad, why are you wearing a towel?"I asked, my smiling growing. He looked down. "I was about to shower,"he said with a laugh. Soon we were all cracking up. It felt good. Life was finally getting back on track. I still hadn't been back to school. I've been online schooling for months now. That would happen after tour. For now, I was content to just live my life.

One month later...

"Ryleigh, are you packed? We leave tomorrow morning. Do you have the instructions from the physical therapist? I can't find them,"Dad shouted up the stairs. "Packing now. The instructions are on the fridge,"I yelled back and continued to work on packing. I always waited till the last minute. That's one of the things that hasn't changed in my life.

I finished throwing my clothes into my suitcase and other things, mainly for my entertainment, into my backpack. My bass was sitting next to the suitcase. I wasn't playing immediately, not until I could walk without these damn things attached to my legs.

I made my way down the stairs as the front door opened. "Dallon!"I yelled and hugged him tightly. With all of our injuries after the accident, it was hard to keep up with everyone. The new album was getting fully released in a week. I was so excited. I helped put in a lot of work on this one.

"Ryleigh!"he yelled in reply and returned my hug. "Where's your Dad?"he asked. "And here I thought you came to see me. He's in the kitchen,"I said and led the way. I grabbed an apple out of the bowl on the counter. "I was just checking to see if you were getting snacks,"Dallon said as I hoisted myself up to sit on the counter. "Oh, shit! I forgot about that,"Dad said. He was trying to find a container of some sort.

He went to back out from under the cabinet and hit his head. "Ow!"he said and rubbed his head as he squinted at Dallon. "I can get them if you want,"Dallon offered and tried to hold back a smile. Dad seemed extra nervous this time around. I smiled at Dallon. "If that's what you wanna do,"Dad said. "Actually, Dad, can I go with him? Please,"I begged. "I don't see why not,"he answered with surprise. Every time they offered I didn't go. I was too self conscious.

Dallon led the way out to Breezy's car that he borrowed for today. I climbed up front. He backed out of the driveway as I turned the radio on. Tyler and Josh's song, Holding Onto You, came pouring out of the speakers. It always held a special place in my heart. Both Dallon and I sang along all the way to the store.