Chapter 12

Freya's POV.

We had gotten back to Berk just a little while ago and had told Stoick about what we had come across. He clearly knew who this Drago Bludvist was, he was now having all the dragons be locked up because of the things we had told him.
"SEAL THE GATES! LOWER THE STORM DOORS!" Stoick shouts to everyone.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait! What is happening?" Hiccup asks him confused.
"You heard the man! Lock it down!" Gobber shouts.
"No DRAGON or VIKING sets foot off this island until I give the word!" Stoick shouts, ignoring Hiccup as he walks.

"Because some guy you knew is stirring up trouble in some faraway land?" Hiccup asks as he follows his father.
"Because Drago Bludvist is a madman. Without conscience or mercy. And if he's built a dragon army... gods help us all," Stoick says, shaking his head in shock. "Get them into their pens!" He shouts to everyone around him.
"Aye, Stoick!" The man says.
"Quickly!" Stoick shouts.
"Then let's ride back out there," Hiccup says as he runs in front of his father. "We'll follow those trappers to Drago and talk some sense into him," He says.

"No. We fortify the island," Stoick states.
"It's our duty to keep the peace!" Hiccup exclaims.
"Peace is over Hiccup. I must prepare you for war," Stoick tells him, making Hiccup stare in shock.
"War? Dad, if Drago's coming for our dragons, we can't wait around for him to get here. Let's go find him and change his mind," Hiccup says.
"Some minds won't be changed, Hiccup. Berk is what you need to worry about. A chief protects his own," Stoick tells him. "SECURE THE STABLE! LATCH EVERY STALL!" He shouts as he walks away from us.

I look over to Hiccup, by the look on his face I knew what he was thinking. He couldn't just sit here and I knew that, but that doesn't mean I have to like what he's up too.
"Hiccup, don't," I tell him as I walk over to him, he turns to me and sighs.
"I have to," He says softly as he leans down and kisses my cheek. He turns to walk away, but I grab his hand and he turns back.
"Then I'm going too," I state, he looks unsure but nods and we quickly get on our dragons.
"HICCUP!" I hear Stoick shout from behind us as we head for the gates.
"FREYA!" I hear my mother shout. We get through the gates just before they close and fly off into the sky.

It doesn't take long until we find the dragon trappers boat sailing across the icy waters. We dodge several nets as they send them at us, until we land on the boat. I take out my bow, pulling it back and pointing the arrow at Eret.
"And here I was worried we might turn up empty-handed," Eret says.
"Nope. It's your lucky day," Hiccup says as he motions for me to stand down. "We give up," He states, I stare at him in shock.
"That's two Night Fury and two of the finest dragon riders west of Luk Tuk," Hiccup says as he picks up one of the nets and throws it over me, making me glare at him. "That oughtta make the boss happy, right? Excuse us," He says as he hands Eret my bow and arrow.

"What are you doing?" I ask him in confusion as we down into a metal cage.
"Toothless, stay," Hiccup says as the dragons look at him, just as confused as I am. "The dragons don't really care for cramped spaces, so they'll just hang out with you. They won't be any trouble," Hiccup tells them. Suddenly, the Dragon Trappers pull out their swords and spears startling the dragons making them growl at them threateningly.
"Unless you do that. Wooden boat, big ocean. How's your swimming?" Hiccup asks.
"Not good," A man says sadly.
"Oops. Almost forgot. Can't have armed prisoners," Hiccup says as he hands them his sword.

"How is this a plan?" I whisper to Hiccup, he motions for me to wait as he looks over to the men in front of us.
"Just what every Dragon Trapper needs. One end coats the blade in Monstrous Nightmare saliva. The other sprays Hideous Zippleback gas," Hiccup explains as one of the Trappers realizes the gas form the sword. "All it takes is a spark and..." He begins to say but, is cut off by one of the men igniting the gas creating an explosion.
"Oh, yeah, there you go!" Hiccup says with a smile, the men now covered in black ash. "Once they see you as one of their own, even the testiest dragon can be trained, right, bud?" He says to Toothless, who is now being mesmerized by a small little flame in the air.

"Give me that!" Eret shouts as he grabs the sword and throws it over the boat, only for Ocean to chases after it. Ocean and Stormfly both loved to play fetch, with any object really.
"What game are you playing?" Eret asks with a glare of suspicion.
"No game. We just want to meet Drago," Hiccup says, and I begin to understand his plan. Ocean comes back with the sword, Eret throws it the other way and Ocean flies off to get it again.
"Why?" Eret asks.
"Because I'm going to change his mind about dragons," Hiccup says seriously, making Eret and his men laugh. Ocean brings back the sword again and sets it down near Eret, asking to play fetch again. He looks at her in confusion.

"He can be really persuasive," I say as I stand up, looking to the men with a nod.
"Once you've earned his loyalty, there is nothing a dragon won't do for you," Hiccup tells them as he pets Toothless.
"Ha! You won't be changing any minds around here," Eret says, shaking his head in disbelief.
"I can change yours. Right here," Hiccup says as he pulls back a metal pedal that opens Toothless' fake tail wing. "Right now. May I?" He asks as he motions for him to get on Toothless, but before Eret has a chance to answer Hiccup is suddenly picked up and carried away.
"Dragon riders!" Eret shouts as I get out of the cage and look into the sky worriedly, but I relax as see it's just the others.

The Trappers begin to shoot nets at the others as they begin to fly towards the boat. I watch as Hiccup gets out of Hookfangs grip, opens the wings of the suit he had made, and begins to fly back down to the boat.
"HOLD YOUR FIRE!" I shout as Eret is about to hit Hiccup with a net. I push him away just as he fires another net, luckily the net misses Hiccup, who lands back on the ship.
"Uh, what are you guys doing here?" Hiccup asks as the other land on the boat.
"We're here to rescue you!" Gobber tells him.
"We don't need to be rescued!" Hiccup shouts.
"ENOUGH!" Stoick shouts as he lands on the boat, hopping off his dragon and walk over to us.

"Well, didn't you just pick the wrong ship, eh? I am Eret, son of-" Eret begins to say, but Stoick shoves him away and Gobber's dragon lays his head on him. "Get... this... thing... off... me!" He says, out of breath from the weight of the dragons head.
"You. Saddle up. We're going home," Stoick tells Hiccup.
"No," Hiccup says stubbornly.
"Of all the irresponsible-" Stoick begins to say but is cut off.
"I'm trying to protect our dragons and stop a war! How is that irresponsible?" Hiccup asks him.
"BECAUSE WAR IS WHAT HE WANTS, SON!" Stoick shouts. Hiccup looks away as he shakes his head, making Stoick sigh.

"Years ago, there was a great gathering of chieftains to discuss the dragon scourge we all faced. Into our midst came a stranger from a strange land, covered in scars and draped in a cloak of dragon skin. He carried no weapon and spoke softly, saying that he, Drago Bludvist, was a man of the people, devoted to freeing mankind from the tyranny of dragons. He claimed that he alone could control the dragons and he alone could keep us safe if we chose to bow down and follow him," Stoick explains. The others laugh at the fact that someone would demand such silly a thing and expect people to listen.
"Stupid," Ruff says.
"Good one," Tuff says laughing.

"Aye. We laughed, too... Until he wrapped himself in his cloak and cried out, 'Then see how well you do without me!' The rooftop suddenly burst into flames, and from it, armored dragons descended, burning the hall to the ground. I...was the only one to escape," Stoick explains, making everyone go quiet. "Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with," He tells Hiccup, but he still isn't convinced.
"Maybe," Hiccup says as he walks over to Toothless.
"Hiccup..." Stoick says as his stubborn son gets onto Toothless. I sigh as I get on Ocean.
"I'm still going to try," Hiccup states. "This is what I'm good at. And if I could change your mind... I can change his too. Come on," He says as we jump off the boat and fly off into the sky.

A Little Later.

We fly above the clouds, the sun beginning to set as we go. I look over to Hiccup as he yells in frustratedly, throwing his hands up before falling down on Toothless. Toothless makes a low rumble, tilting his head in worry.
"Don't worry, bud," Hiccup says. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise," He tells him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something start to move up into the clouds and look over to see a mysterious person wearing a mask over their face.
"AW, COME ON, DAD! REALLY?!" Hiccup shouts as he looks over, only to see it's not Stoick. he stares at the person nervously, unsure what they were going to do.

"Okay. No sudden movements," I whisper to the dragons as the mysterious person falls back under the clouds. Suddenly, a big dragon rises up in front of us, making Toothless and Ocean have to quickly come to a stop as to not fly into the dragon.
"Hold on, hold on," Hiccup says as the dragons flap their wings, trying to stay in the air. But suddenly, a dragon grabs Hiccup by the arms and Toothless begins to fall.
"TOOTHLESS!" Hiccup shouts as the dragon that had grabbed him hits Ocean and makes her roll through the air, causing me to fall off of her. I begin to fall towards the icy sea with Toothless as another dragon grabs hold of Ocean.

"AHH!" I shout in fear as I get closer and closer to hitting the sea.
"NO! FREYA!" I hear Hiccup shout as he and Ocean are carried away. I make myself take a big breath in right before Toothless and I fall into the water. The intense cold shocks my body, making it extremely hard to swim. I begin to sink down into the deep water, trying to swim up but it was hopeless. My eyes slowly begin to close as black dots invade my vision. I exhale the air from my lungs as I lose consciousness, the last thing I feel being something grabbing me and then everything goes dark.