Dead in the Water [5]

Dean and Sam walked out of the motel. Dean opened the car door and Sam put Natalia in her car seat.

"Look, we're not gonna save everybody," Sam told his brother

"I know," Dean said

"Sam, Dean," Andrea walked up with Lucas.

"Hey,"

"We're glad we caught you. We just, um, we made you lunch for the road,"

Lucas was carrying a tray of sandwiches.

"Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself," Andrea explained

"Can I give it to them now?" Lucas asked

"Of course," Andrea smiled and kissed Lucas's head.

"Come on, Lucas, let's load this into the car," Dean said

"How are you holding up?" Sam asked Andrea.

"It's just gonna take a long time to sort through everything, you know?" Andrea said.

Sam sighed "Andrea, I'm sorry,"

Andrea shook her head "You saved my son. I can't ask for more than that. Dad loved me. He loved Lucas. No matter what he did, I just have to hold on to that,"

Dean put the sandwiches in the car, tousling Natalie's hair as she waved at Lucas. "All right, if you're gonna be talking now, this is a very important phrase, so I want you to repeat it one more time,"

"Zeppelin rules!" Lucas said

"That's right. Up high." Dean held his hand up for a high-five. 

Lucas obliged, grinning. 

"You take care of your mom, okay?"

"All right,"

Andrea came up and kissed Dean "Thank you,"

Dean thought a minute, then scratched his head and went around the car. "Sam, move your ass. We're gonna run out of daylight before we hit the road,"

Sam rolled his eyes and made sure Natalia was comfy before following Dean into the Impala.