Devil's Trap

Dean hung up the phone and looked at Sam. "They've got Nat and Dad,"

"Meg?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded.

"What did she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy,"

Sam punched the wall he was next to.

"Okay," Dean sighed, trying to keep a brave face. "Okay," He grabbed the Colt and put it in the back of his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asked.

Dean began packing up their things "We got to go,"

"Why?"

"Because the demon knows we're in Salvation. It knows we've got the Colt. It's probably coming for us next,"

"We've still got three bullets left,"

"Listen, tough guy, we're not ready,"

"That demon has my daughter!"

"You don't think I don't know that?! We don't know how many of them are out there. We're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving...now,"

***

"I'm telling you, Dean, we could've taken him," Sam huffed.

"What we need is a plan. They're keeping Nat and Dad alive. We've got to figure out where. They're gonna want to trade them for the gun,"

Sam gave Dean a look.

"What?"

"If that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade? Dad, he might be..."

"I don't want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job,"

"Screw the job, Sam!"

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want and get my daughter back!"

"Would you quit talking about him like he's dead already? Listen to me. Everything stops until we get Nat and Dad back,"

"Everything?"

"Everything,"

Sam sighed "So, how do we find them?"

"Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken,"

"You really think these demons are gonna leave a trail?"

"You're right. We need help,"

***

Bobby Singer handed the boys two drinks "Here you go,"

"What is this...holy water?"

"That one is." Bobby pointed to the other flask in his hand "This is whiskey,"

Dean held out his hand for the whiskey flask. "Bobby, thanks. Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure if we should come,"

"Nonsense. Your daddy needs help," Bobby looked over at Sam "and from what I hear your little girl,"

Dean sighed as Sam remained in the books, he was just grateful he hadn't gotten one of Bobby's old junkers to drive off and go guns a-blazing. "The last time we saw you, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. You cocked the shotgun and everything,"

"Yeah, well, what can I say?" Bobby shrugged "John just has that effect on people,"

"Yeah, I guess he does,"

"None of that matter now. All that matters is that you get them back,"

"Bobby, this book." Sam spoke up "I've never seen anything like it,"

"Key of Solomon? It's the real deal, all right,"

"And these protective circles...they really work?" Sam pointed to the page.

"Hell yeah. You get a demon in one, they're trapped. They're powerless. It's like a satanic roach motel,"

"The man knows his stuff," Dean nodded.

"I'll tell you something else, too. This is some serious crap you boys stepped in,"

"Oh, yeah? How's that?" Sam wondered.

"Normal year, I hear, say, three demonic possessions, maybe four, tops. This year, I heard of 27 so far," Bobby looked between the two boys "You get what I'm saying? More and more demons are walking among us...a lot more,"

"Do you know why?"

"No, but I know it's something big. The storm's coming, and you boys, your daddy...and I hate to admit, your little girl...you are smack in the middle of it,"

The boys turned when Bobby's Rottweiler began barking.

"Rumsfeld," Bobby moved over to the window.

"What is it?" Dean asked.

Bobby looked outside but only saw a swinging chain that Rumsfeld had been attached to. "Something's wrong,"

Meg burst through Bobby's door.

Dean took out the holy water.

"No more crap, okay?" Meg said.

Dean went towards Meg, but she easily flung him to the side.

Sam moved Bobby behind him.

"I want the Colt, Sam...the real Colt..." Meg reasoned. "Right now,"

"Where's my daughter?" Sam demanded.

"Where's the Colt?" Meg countered.

"We don't have it on us. We buried it,"

"Didn't I say 'No more crap'?" Meg argued "Little Nat's not gonna like that her daddy's a liar,"

Sam glared at Meg, clenching his fists.

"I swear...after everything I heard about you Winchesters, I've got to tell you, I'm a little underwhelmed. First Johnny tries to pawn off a fake gun, and then he leaves the real gun with you two chuckleheads. Lackluster, men. I mean, did you really think I wouldn't find you?"

"Actually," Sam said "we were counting on it," he looked up at the ceiling where Meg was standing.

Meg followed his eyes and saw the Demon trap decorating the ceiling.

"Gotcha," Dean said.