The Flight

The next morning we flew out at 8am. It was a short flight 1 hour and 10 mins. She held my hand tight. As soon as we were in the air I started kissing her neck. She giggled.

"Shouldn't I be crying I left the babies and the boys." She said.
"Kells you cried all night and held both of the babies all night you only put one down whenever it was time for the other to eat. You are aloud to be okay." I said.

I looked back to see Jay sitting by herself. She had tears going down her face.

"Haven't heard from him?" Kelly asked.
"No... I'm surprised she came..."
"She has all of your important information Luke she had no choice! He left everything at the apartment." She said. I sighed.
"Just promise I know she's your bestfriend but while I'm off stage you are all mine we can hang out with everyone sometimes but I need to be alone with my wife. We haven't been alone in months."
"On one condition." She said putting her hand on my face.
"Anything."
"You promise me sex on the beach since I missed Mexico this year."
"If only you knew what I have planned for us Mrs Bryan."
"So I'm going to get to see party boy Luke Bryan and romantic Luke Bryan this week?" I said smiling.
"Darling you have no idea what all sides of me you are going to see."

She laid her head back. I kissed her forehead.

"Take a short nap I'm going to go talk to Jay." I said.
"Okay" She said closing her eyes.

I walked back to jay. I sat down.

"So what's the verdict?" I asked. She handed me her phone.

Jay: Mike please answer your phone!
Jay: I know you are going to see her Mike she stopped at Kelly's
Jay: I swear to god Michael if you cheat on me with her...I'll die!
Jay: please whatever I did for you to do this I can fix it I can do whatever you want mike don't leave me!

I kept scrolling all the texts were from her. Probably a good hundred.

"Jay I'm so sorry hun...." I said. "I should've called you as soon as he called me... "
"It's not your fault Luke..." she said. I pulled my phone out. Thankfully planes had WiFi now.

I got onto messenger and sent him a message

Me: I don't know where you are or who you are with but I swear to god mike if you aren't in Panama tonight for our group dinner you are fired. I'm sitting here with your amazing girlfriend who is willing to take you back and she thinks it's all her fault for whatever reason. You need to get your shit together man and grow up and finally settle down enough games.

I put my phone away.

The plane shook. We hit some bad turbulence i guess. I saw kelly jump up.

"If everyone could please take your seats and buckle up" it came over the speaker.

I ran up to kelly. She was having a panic attack. I buckled her. I buckled quick. She was taking deep breaths with her head on my chest.

"Shhh shhh shhh... you're okay. I promise you are okay...." i said to her.

"All we are experiencing some technical difficulties at this time please remain buckled and seated." They said over the speaker.

"It's not turbulence!" Kelly yelled. I held onto her tighter.
"Shhhh. I'll find our what's going on." I said she held me tighter.
"Don't leave me." She said.  I kissed the top of her head. I just let her snuggle in.

It was about 10 minutes but felt like forever.

"Good morning everyone we are going to make a emergency landing we will be landing back in Georgia in 5 minutes everyone please remain seated." They said over the intercom.

Kelly didn't move. She was sleeping. I held her close.

When we came to the landing I got the flight attendants attention. She came over.

"What is going on?" I asked quietly.
"Let me have a manager come talk to you Mr Bryan." She said.

5 minutes later the captain came walking up to me.

"Me. Bryan." He said  he startled kelly she jumped.

"Are we here already." She asked.
"No we are back in Georgia..." I said.

"Sir I'm captain lee first off let me start off by saying my family and I are huge fans mainly my daughters. Anyways, the plane lost an engine normally they are okay to fly however I felt that with the passengers who are aboard and since it was such a short flight we would land. I already have another plane waiting." He said.

Kelly threw up. Right there all over my feet and I had sandals on.

"She's not a fan of flying clearly..." I said.
"Luke I'm...." she said and I stopped her.
"Don't be sorry I'm okay."
"Let me get you some stuff to clean up with Mr Bryan I am so sorry if the inconvenience" he said.

I unbuckled.

"The engine...." kelly said.
"I know it rarely happens though babe." I said taking my sandals off.

"I don't want to go and I want you to drive I want to go back home with our kids" she said.
"Kelly I have so much planned for this week...." I said upset.

Other passengers were getting off.

"Luke if we would've died the kids would of had no parents." She said. I sighed.
"Okay fine. That's fine. Go home it's fine." I said trying to be understanding which I wasn't. I was a mess.

"You aren't mad?" She asked.
"I'm just disappointed I miss my wife so much and I love you and I really need some 1 on 1 time. But I bet it...."

She sat there staring as I cleaned up. We then went to get off of the plane..

*****************