Adoption?

I got to the office with about 5 minutes to spear. I was walking in. I heard someone yell my name. I turned to see Coraline... I just kept walking. I heard heels running behind me. I got in and waited for the elevator. She came in and her lawyer was standing there waiting for her.

"Ms. Boyer" He said. I was waiting patiently with them behind me.

The elevator came we all got in. I was behind them. She kept turning around I just kept my eyes straight ahead. We got to the 9th floor and we got off. I passed them going into the office first.

"Luke!" He said.
"Hey man sorry I'm not early Kelly wasn't feeling to good this morning." I said shaking his hand.
"Good thing she saved it for after the honeymoon. How was your trip?" He asked.
"Amazing. We had such a blast. So glad to see the boys too."
"Any concerns?"
"Some...."
"Oh??" He questioned.
"I'm thinking it's going to court again..."
"Why?" He asked.

I proceeded to tell him the conversation which took a good bit of time. Finally he was ready to have her and her lawyer come in.  They came in and sat down.

"Okay so we are trying to settle custody with lukes new wife being able to watch the boys alone?" Her lawyer said.
"Yes." Mine replied.
"Can I say something first" she said.
"Here we go." I said leaning back and rubbing my face.
"Let her speak Luke." My lawyer told me.
"What now Coraline? Seriously what more could you want?" I asked.
"You luke.... I've been getting help."

"Help!" I said loudly. "What kind of help? Help by getting laid and locking the boys in their room? Huh that kind of help. Kelly is the greatest thing that could happen for these boys. She loves them so much and they love her that's why It kills you to have her with them." I screamed.
"Luke It was one time....." she said.
"Coraline....." her lawyer said shaking his head.
"What...." she said upset
" you know saying that Just lost everything right..." he said. She froze.
"Saying what?"
"That you fuck other people while the boys are there and lock them I their room! My older son should not have to change his younger brothers diaper!"
"And you're telling me you and little home-wrecker don't do things when the boys are there!? " she yelled.

"Luke you don't have to answer that." My lawyer said.
"Even if we did we wouldn't lock them in their rooms...." I said.

"Would you two mind spending our so we can talk?" My lawyer said.

I got up and slammed my chair into the table. I walked out. I was walking down the hall and undid my tie.

"Lukeee." She yelled. I could hear her running behind me. I just kept walking. She grabbed my arm. I stopped and turned around.

"Don't touch me don't talk to me... don't ever think of me... I wish you would have never came to that bar I was playing at that night and I really wish I wouldn't have got back together with someone who broke me someone I use to love or at least thought I did. Marrying you... hell meeting you is the worse thing that has ever happened to me." I said.

"Thomas..." she said rubbing my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled at her.

"Coraline!" Her lawyer said walking down the hall with mine.

She turned quickly.

"Don, I need a restraining order against this psycho."
"Luke!" She screamed coming towards me. I backed up.

"We will get you one luke. Now will you two please come sit so we can give your our conclusion."

We walked down and sat again.

"Kelly can watch the boys alone. It is stated in the court notes that whenever you two are married she will indeed be able to watch them... however we can't get a court date for 2 weeks. Either we can get CYF involved.... or Coraline you can agree to let Luke and kelly keep the boys until then..." my lawyer said. My heart sunk. Getting them involved It would hit the headlines right away .

She was whispering something with her lawyer. He shook his head. She sighed I could see the anger in her eyes.

"Okay.... they can keep them...." she said.
"Perfect... now... may 16th will be the court date."
"That's my first show of the tour season and its in Cali...." I said.
"Of course always music first...." Coraline said.

"What time?" I asked concerned.
"1pm..." my lawyer said.
"I'll cancel it's fine." I said pulling my phone out. I started texting people. I really needed a manager at this point. I laid my phone down on the table a little harder than I wanted to.

"Why are you pissed you get the boys for two weeks..." she said.
"Because I should be able to let them be with their mother."
"They have kelly now." She said.
"Then sign over all rights and kelly will adopt them. If you wanted them you'd treat them right Coraline. You know I've always wanted what was best for those boys. And you need help mentally...." I said now being more caring as an act.

She said there.

"Can I have a minute?" She said.
"I think we are done." Her lawyer said.
"Can I talk to you Lee?" She asked.

They got up and walked out. I was sitting there. My
Phone was blowing up with texts.

"I can't handle much more." I said to him.
"Luke I think you're going to get your wish...." he said. I looked up fast.
"What?!"
"I don't think she wants the boys...." he said. My
Jaw dropped.

I was silent for a few minutes.

"What do you think about kelly becoming managed?" I asked him.
"I think it's a horrible idea." He said and they walked in.
"What's a horrible idea?" She said.
"Just a place to do a concert. Are we done here?" I asked standing up.
"I have a lot to do." I said then buttoning my suit jacket up again.

"Actually...." She said.
"What Coraline? Get to It " I then said.
"I want to give my rights up... I want you to get the boys and if Kelly wants to adopt them fine..."

***********