Chapter 18 : A Heartfelt Choice Part 1

Didn't proofread this guys...Enjoy.

Lizzie's POV

"We can go to some theme park sometime"

"Yeah I'm missing it!"

"Miss it your face you can't even ride a rollercoaster without puking."

"I do not!" 

"Oh yeah? Remember how you ruined my shirt that day?"

"Wait, guys I'm not a punching bag! Don't hit my arms!"

I pushed the curtain aside, interrupting Angel, Claire, and Artemis on their convo. I smiled at them as their lips twisted into the widest smile their faces can ever offer.

"Oh my gosh Liz! Red suits you!" Artemis said as she looked at me from top to bottom.

"Woah look at her chest!" Angel pointed. I looked down and saw how the dress greatly defined my body --- notably my boobs.

"Oh stop it you!" I joked as I laughed with them. "Angel and l run 2nd next to Claire's size."

"Hey!"

"No matter how long you stare at it, you won't have the same size, Artemis." Angel said.

Artemis narrowed her eyes at Angel and started hitting her in the shoulders, "Why do I care? I mean, what the fuck! I have boobs you know."

Angel laughed and raised her hands, "Talk to the hand."

We laughed until we reached the counter and then we paid. We left the shop and explored more stores. Artemis stopped at some pastry shop, Angel and Claire bought the best pumps to go with their dress and there again was Artemis, who almost made a guy from a coffee shop drop dead when she walked up to him and joked around saying she's breaking up with him because he was gay, and almost died too when she realized that he was with his family and his girlfriend.

Before she can say more stupid things, we dragged her along and laughed at a park at a nearby corner. We sat at a bench next to a fountain and laughed our asses off.

“I don’t know you.” Angel laughed as she tried to lick her ice cream but failed to do so.

“I didn’t know.” Artemis said with her face pale “I swear I didn’t know. What if his girlfriend breaks up with him? What if his father punched him to death? What if ---“

“Shut up bitch. You could’ve thought of that before you valiantly went up to him.” I said.

“HA! I wish Artemis sees that guy again!” Claire shouted as she threw a penny in the fountain.

“Well I won’t be there to help you.” Angel told Artemis, which made her grow paler.

As they fought and laughed, I paused to drink my soda when a hand suddenly landed on my shoulders. I shrieked and turned and an old lady with ragged clothes and two lone front teeth beamed at me. It looked like she didn’t shower for years. She was holding a box of different scraps and a paper said something like For Sale.

“Um…hello?” I said weakly. I was so surprised that my heart came thudding fast. I just hate it when someone does that me! And how the hell was she even able to sneak up on me?!

“Hello…dear ones.” She smiled again.

I looked at Artemis, Angel and Claire and we exchanged raised eyebrows and weird looks.

“Sorry ma’am but we already bought so many things this day, I’m afraid it’s all enough.” Artemis said politely.

“Ah…rejection.” The old lady said.