Chapter 35 - End of Magic

(so many typos and really bad grammar but I'll fix it later when we're all done with this! promise!)

5 YEARS LATER

ANGEL'S POV

It was a chilly, Saturday morning in downtown New Orleans. I have lived here for five years with my dad after I graduated in high school. I went to LSU to study linguistics and during the summer, I would go back home to spend time with my mom and brothers, and of course, North.

North and Adrian went to MIT to study engineering. It was a long distance relationship with me and North, and Liz and Adrian, but I'm glad we all made it work. I would take the plane with Liz to Massachusetts and sometimes the boys will come to us.

Liz went to a university just a few hours from me. She studied communications and we sometimes helped each other with projects for school, since communications and linguistics go hand in hand. It was nice that she was just a drive away from me, because that way I can still see her and hang out with her, compared to the other girls who were a plane ride away.

After graduating high school, Jas moved to London during the summer. It took a huge amount of convincing Claire's mom, but she eventually gave in and trusted that her daughter will be happier in London with Jas. It was hard saying goodbye to her, because like I mentioned before, she was a plane ride away and we couldn't hang out very often.

Same with Artemis.

When we all arrived in Maldives that day, August was gone and Artemis was nowhere to be found. We had to stay another day before she picked up her phone and decided to meet up with us. She told us how August made her sign the divorce papers and how he left already.

I remember Liz getting livid and Claire getting teary-eyed. The guys tried to reach out to August but they couldn't contact him. I didn't know how to feel that time because it didn't sound like him at all. Still, it didn't change the fact that my friend was heartbroken.

It was until the summer after our graduation in high school when the girls and I were hanging out one last time before we all parted ways, when we all saw Cedric. He was leaving an event in a five star hotel where we were staying at. Artemis wanted to leave but Cedric got to us before we could even grab our things. He explained the situation and the real story behind August.

We were all shocked about August's story and about his mother. He kept apologizing to Artemis but she was tuned out and staring anywhere else but us. Her eyes were distant and her face was passive. Cedric said his goodbyes and we haven't seen him for awhile after that.

Artemis went took a year break before going to college. She wanted to be a doctor, so she traveled and volunteered in hospitals around the world, before going to college and finishing her pre-med. We rarely see her but I'm glad that today, we're all finally going to hang out again. Liz, Claire, and Artemis are all coming to meet me in New Orleans. The boys will follow tomorrow, just so they can give us a day to catch up.

I was standing outside my house, waiting for Liz to pick me up. We were going to the airport to pick up Claire and Artemis, who were both in the same flight coming from London. I watched as Liz's red convertible pull up in the curb outside my house. The redhead rolled down her windows and gestured for me to come, "Get in Angel! We're going to be late!"

I walked to her car excitedly. I can't wait to see the other girls after a long time!

Liz's POV

I had no idea it was going to be a cold day, so I was wearing a denim skirt, short boots, and a sleeveless shirt. I didn't even have any jacket on!