Chapter 1 - How we met them

Angel Williams

Um... where was I supposed to meet the others again? I really can't find my way through this gigantic school! I whirled around and wondered how I ever ended up here at the back of the school. 

My friends and I all transferred to this school because it was more private, less rowdy, and more reputable, unlike our old school which had a lot of teachers who didn't give a damn about teaching or just students who cared too much about being famous. We wanted to try something new for our junior year, so, we decided to just go to the more famous school.

I sighed and went back to where I guessed I came from and I walked back to the lockers. When I saw my friends, I opened my mouth to call out to them but I stepped on something, slipped, and fell flat on my butt. I groaned and some kids laughed as they either passed by or just stood there staring. I frowned at myself as I blushed. Talk about a great way to start the first day of school. I'm already being laughed at and class hasn't even started yet. I looked for what I slipped on and my hands groped the floor and found a beautiful golden ring. It had small sparkling diamonds that were somehow swirling with ever changing colors, and it somehow gave a mysterious air around it. I stared at it, forgetting that I was still sitting embarrassingly at the ground.

"Are you gonna sit there all day?" I heard a familiar voice say. I snapped out of the trance the ring put me into and looked up to see a grinning Elizabeth, with Artemis and Claire laughing at me from behind her. I sighed and they all helped me up.

"I think you made a great impression on your first day," laughed Claire, her black shoulder-length hair bounced a little as she laughed at my humiliating accident. I frowned at her and the rest.

"Too bad there wasn't any hot guy that caught you," said Artemis as she laughed.

"Oh be quiet all of you," I grumbled.

"Hey, what do you have in your hand?" Liz asked. Her real name's Elizabeth as I have earlier mentioned but it's too long, so I call her Liz.

I opened my hand and they saw the beautiful ring. My friends stared in admiring silence as they looked at its beauty. "I stepped on it and fell."

Artemis took it from my hand, "I wonder who it belongs to?"

"Whoever owns it has great taste," said Liz.

"Agreed," said Claire.

"So what do we do with it?" I asked. It was a good thing I was wearing denim shorts, or else the fall would have not only humiliated me but it would also show my underwear... Thank you shorts.

"Let's keep it," Artemis said as she slipped it on.

"Hey, why do you get to keep it? I found it first," I said.

"Okay, you wear it for this week, next week, I'm wearing it!" Liz said, calling dibs already.

"No fair!" said Claire and Artemis. I snatched the pretty ring and slipped it on. Its beauty still captivated me and I wondered if maybe it could bring me great luck. And when I heard the bell ring, signaling students that classes are about to start, I whirled around in surprise and slammed into someone's chest.

"Oww..." I groaned as I rubbed my nose, but I couldn't help wonder the nice scent the person I bumped into wore. I looked up and I gaped at the one standing in front of me. God, is he real?

His hair was silky black and messily hot... his face ravishingly handsome, and those eyes... Gray and gorgeous! I felt like an utter fool, staring stupidly at someone that I'm actually supposed to be apologizing to.