Chapter 21 ~ Phone calls

Since Angel didn't make a move to update. I'm up.

August Carter

I’m a total failure.

I’ve been searching for the last 20 minutes and there’s still no sign of Artemis. I stopped to collect my breathing and looked from side to side. I can feel a bead of sweat trickling down my forehead and I bit my lip from anger. I’m so stupid. Just a pretty brunette yet I can’t find her.

I started walking east of where I was standing and I can feel my eyes widening when I saw a familiar blonde striding angrily at me.

“Woops” I quickly turned away from her and almost broke into a run when her hands grope my arm.

“Where do you think you’re going?” She spoke angrily as she gave me a glare.

“Woah,” I chuckled “Annabelle. Didn’t see you coming.”

“What do you mean you didn’t see me coming? I know you saw me August Carter and when you did, you quickly turned away like you’ve forgotten I’m your date! Tell me August, who are you looking for?”

I frowned and when I was supposed to say something she talked.

“And didn’t I tell you to pick me up at 8 pm? I was like shit August. I waited for hours! Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to drive yourself to a party? Alone and without my boyfriend?”

“Woah…woah...Just hold that thought for a second”

“What?” She frowned and she put her hand on her hips.

“What do you mean your boyfriend?”

“We’ve been together for 3 years you a**hole!”

“What? Since when? Wow this is new. I never knew I had a girlfriend.”

Her mouth fell open. “What did you say?”

“You’re not my girlfriend.” I said with a matter-of-fact tone “Now excuse me while I look for my real girlfriend”

I pushed her aside gently but she grabbed my arm again and turned me so that I was facing her.

“This is not the time---“

“What would my father say about this?” She cried.

“Tell him you were daydreaming.”

“When he learned about this he will try to kill you. He would never let anyone hurt her daughter.” She said stubbornly, pressing her threat even more.

“Listen, your dad is not my problem right now, I gotta go find Art---“

“I don’t freaking care where you’re going!” She shouted really angrily and almost all the people surrounding us gave us a look. “You listen to me August Carter! My dad was an ex british army general and if you dare break up with me I swear I will let him punch you to death!”

I stopped. Ex-British Army General? There’s only one man in the army whom we heard got kicked out of the country for some reason, 17 years ago... If I was right…

“What’s the name of your father?” I asked her with my hands pressing on her shoulder.

Annabelle stopped crying and she looked at me snottily. “You’re scared now are you? You won’t leave---“

“Just tell me the name of your father!”

She frowned but then smiled, “David Alexander Sullivan. Now I know you’re scared babe but don’t worry…”